• Honolulu, HAWAII (HI)
Votes |
Crossover point for Turnkey Rentals Vs Syndication as a Passive

Lane Kawaoka
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Honolulu, HAWAII (HI)
Posted Aug 25 2017, 06:52

I am talked to over a couple hundred people over the past year and for those people SAVING less than 30K per year after their day job should invest in rentals or turnkey rentals in a market like kansas city, memphis, atlanta, birmingham, not seattle, san francisco, california...

The short term goal is to gain landloard/aquisition knowledge and build a cashflow base of a couple thousand every month. But once you achieve that you should step up to larger passive partnerships/syndications because the return to pain in the butt ratio is greater. People who call/email/write on forums fail to see this two phase journey. People hear the benefits of MFH and come up with the ridiculous 1000 unit goal when they have not even see if they are borrowing material on their first buy and hold. Eventually, a lot of people quite a fizzle out while starting out on the MFH road when they should have done sfh and this insight.

As much as I advocate for "simple" I am really an advocate for the minimal effective dose to maximize returns with minimal effort. 

Where do you think the crossover point is? 

#goodProblemsToHave

Loading replies...