Found a motivated seller with a commercial property

15 Replies

Hi guys I'm brand new and I'm trying to get my first deal I got a call back from a commercial stand alone property in a great location. I'm located in northern new jersey and wanted to know if anyone knows anyone buying commercial up this way.

@David lichtenstadter its in Fairfield NJ

Its a commercial property  it's like one unit ,  one very large unit  it would be great  for a bank  or  fast food restaurant with drive-thru. Like a small independent building. Does that make sense?

@Juan Rodriguez everything make sense for the right price, I’m not so familiar with that asset class especially not in Fairview, talk to some local investors, if you got some multi’s I’ll be glad to give you some input.
BTW if you want to tag someone just hit the @@@

Thank you very much I appreciate it. 😊

@Juan Rodriguez , you need to provide more information if you are looking to sell a property, i.e., building sq ft, lot size, rental income and operating expense,  taxes, asking price, photos, etc.

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

@Juan Rodriguez so you are thinking about buying an empty building and hoping someone else wants it? That might be more of a long term investment, are you going to remodel it? You should take into account the expenses that go along with it, taxes, insurance, are you going to keep the utilities on you will need heat if you don't want pipes to freeze or you will need to winterize the property, if you are financing you will have those costs. Are you prepared to hold it for 6 months, a year, longer without it generating any revenue? That being said, I have done exactly that with a commercial property, held it (though some work was done to it) and waited for a buyer. Good Luck!

sorry guys I think I needed to get a lot more info before I post. I was just excited to find and empty building with someone wanting to sell. I will not pursue this property because I think it may be a little out of my league. I thank you all so much for being so willing to help.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.