Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden
Professional Services
#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
I think we just made 165K

Jerryll Noorden
Professional Services
#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Posted Nov 3 2017, 08:12

Hi hi, My name is  MSOOTKAUG

Just finished my first flip!

I once saw a question here that asked "how much money has Bigger pockets made you?"

$165K 

End of my success story!

Thank you all.

well..

(not counting the other wholesale deals I have made hooking up with a buyer from BP!

You must be wondering how this awesome happy story went right? Well there was no happy story damn it! It was a damn NIGHTMARE!!

But Let me tell you how it started.

WAIT. First. Thank you Jake Andre Adrian and Trevor from InvestorCarrot. I am ALWAYS on their case being very demanding and super picky with my websites. This would not have happened without you. If any of you need help setting up your sites or ranking high.. get in touch with me!

OK now..

So, for some reason, I get good deals. Must be my monkey looks! So after wholesaling my last deal I figured I can make a lot more money if I had flipped it myself. I got tired giving away my good deals to other flippers. So I said, "Phoomba" it. (If I can't swear on this forum I will make  up my own swear words!) Smart huh?

So here I am, Young master of the universe writing a post on BP.

And it goes a little something like this:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/315...

Well my little puny humans, I got laughed at, got insulted (in pvt message), got called names...

Blah

Blahhhh

Blahhhhhh

BLAAAHHHHHH

Look , I know you all are trying to help.. well some just want to come over as smart...

And this is  a really important lesson. As a newbie you are tempted to listen to those who are successful. I am known to be a stuborn own thinker, and I don't easily take advice from others that goes against my desires or thoughts. 

Fight the man!!

See... I do not need 10 people to agree with me or willing to do this with me.. no.. no... I just need 1... [ONE]! So I let them laugh, poke fun, respond to messages in a condescending way. I let them think they are the know it all hot shots....

I just need one, that would say.. "Phoomba.. I will work with you!"

And guess what... a day later, Mr. Gold (that is how I and my contractors call him now), wrote me a massage asking me "yo Monkeyboy, Lets talk"

Well it turned out it wasn't a good deal to go 50/50 on so I tried to wholesale it. The buyer met the seller and they pushed me out of the deal very sneakily. But that is for an other day.

So because I am a brilliant all knowing immortal robotics scientist, I got invited to a robotics competition in Zurich. Again.. that is for an other day...

but when I got back 15 days later.. I had a lead waiting for me though my most awesome Investor Carrot website. I feared that the hot lead may have run cold as it was 10 days old! But no! 

Still very interested.  So I asked... how much do you want for it? He said 100K. I said come on man... how much,

He said 90.

I said Dude. I will give you 64.5K. He said OK

I said ..wait what? Really?

(of course I didn't say that. Come on!! )

Well the house was a crap house!

Lookie here

So  I run to Mister Gold. I say. Dude. Check this out. A little bit of digging, this guy, just buys the house, and starts to give me money directly into my bank account.

So I decided to steal his money and run. What an idiot!  HAAAAAAA

I am kidding of course!

It is crazy I tell you. I have still never met Mr. Gold. I trusted him not to steal my deal because I am an idiot. I had no idea (back then) how crappy Humans are! (I sure did find out afterwards though). He... he also just trusted me not to run away with his money.

But we are an awesome team. I use him for his money and he.. for my good looks! (which I guess  is equivalent to getting good deals ^_^). Mr. Gold.. if you are reading this.. I don't mean it. I think you are very handsome too! Sure you are! Don't listen to everyone else. You are beautiful!

Well my little mortals...

That brown stuff that apes throw when they are pissed at you... well .. THAT hit the fan. Heck it slammed the fan knocking the fan right over.

A LOT went wrong!! But LUCKY for us, a lot went right as well. From my moron contractor that lied to us he was licensed in plumbing and electrical.. that did all the wiring and plumbing and then covering it all up with sheetrock, trying to scam the city into thinking no one touched electrical, to not ever having a single inspection done, then stealing money from me, and running, and buying the cheapest material.. ever!...

But alas. We were expecting the house to sell for about $235K.  But after time flew by, and I made sure we used super quality materials, we decided to list the house for $299K. 

This buyer was a DIFFICULT buyer. OMG man!!

Want to hear something funny? Sure you do.

Everyone knows I am a master of SEO. You do not? well now you do. I ranked one on google in about 4 months. ANd not just that. Google gave me mini links under my SERP search results. I am the envy of all the SEO companies. And THis is not a coincidence. I have a super secret, super whitehat SEO technique that will put e on top of google every.single.time! I kicked aside other competitors that have been doing this for 15 years.paying some SEO company thousands of dollars a month.. and they got slammed over by a rooky HAAAAA HA HA snort. no no sorry. Not polite to laugh at others. 

Where was I.. oh yeah... 

Me being the greedy SEO freak. I put my pics with alt tags and watermark on the MLS, to get more traffic and internet presence...

wellllllll my silly little humans...  the buyer found my site, and in return my blog. The difficult buyer that he was, of course looked at the before and after pics on my blog, and saw how horrid the house was, obviously including model and what not. He then gave the city inspector my blogs, and  "heey what do you know.. you removed a wall here and a wall there..." Was bad!... We thought the contractor took care of all the permits and such... well he didn't. 

So we had a lot to take care off.... but it all worked out in the end.

how? That buyer got so paranoid and so difficult even the inspector told him to friggin CHILL!

He ended up walking away :(

But a few days later we got an other offer. It was not at all $305K though... 

No No.. it was  THREEHUNDEREDANDTWENTYFIVETHOOOOOUUUUUSANDFREAKINGDOLLARS!! Yup $325K

So Mr Gold and I split $165K

I had to pay back a bunch of crap that I had put on my CC due to that stupid contractor though, but hey,.. no I have my own Mr. Gold to hug and love and stroke and pet and I will call him George!

Here are the afters.

ORIGINAL FLOOR PLAN:

CHANGES:

NEW FLOOR PLAN

Sold $325K

Purchase $64.5K

Rehab $120K

Loading replies...