How to find agents for distressed SFH and MFM

1 Reply

How does one go about finding an agent that wants to work with a new investor looking for a distressed sfm or mfm and what avenues do you guys use to find deals? Zillow? Mls? Only agents? 

You can go to your local Real estate investors meetings or meetups and there will be realtors there that work with investors.  At the same meeting there should be wholesalers that market for distressed properties, get them under contract then sell that contract to investors for a fee. 

Depending on your market it can take some work to find a good property on the MLS for a good price. You can also look through for sale by owner on zillow and other sites.

Check out the biggerpocket podcast and you will see there are many ways to find properties outside of the ones I listed. How you find them is based on your goals and your target market. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here