Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Keith C.
  • Lender
  • Central Florida Markets
Votes |
Wholesaling While in China

Keith C.
  • Lender
  • Central Florida Markets
Posted

Turns out this was my first Wholesale deal as a typically Buy to Flip or Hold and rent . Within a few days to my trip to China a   broker whom I put a low offer for a Florida Property called me to tell me if I can close fast, ( as I said I would ) I can have the Duplex at my price, I was certainly going to take the offer but my hope was to be in town , and or start work on rehab myself once I closed.

I told the broker to send me the Edocs , which I signed and wired an escrow deposit to the  title company  the same day.  NO time to loose ,, I figured I would Wholesale the deal and if it didn’t work out I’d keep it as a rental .

I did some quick interpersonal networking at 2 meetups and did a little online marketing and than I was off to the Far East.

As soon as took off from Newark Airport  -communication became a challenge, Aside from the 15 hour travel time , 12 hours time zone difference -- Cell service and even WiFi access was limited at times. Specifically to Gmail & Facebook.. So communication for confirming any offers coming through was lagged -As China tries to block all of our social and emails stuff we are all so accustomed too.

I had a few buyers come and go right before I started my trip and during my stay in China , but I finally got word on Monday morning --( well Monday evening China time)  -- that a Hard Deposit for the property had come in late that past Friday afternoon. News travels way too slow to China. Being I didn’t get confirmation I was on hold via chat, email and phone calls ,, with other buyers that showed up and wanted to close  as well.  I just didn't know if that wire had hit for almost 72 hours ,.. 

In the end I returned on the day of my buy side closing signed both -   buy side and sell-side closing docs ,, Than headed back to NY for a little R&R and a decent profit on the Chinese Wholesale deal … Any questions regarding wholesaling , flipping or keeping rentals please fell free to PM me ,,, Keith