BiggerPockets Crosses the 1 Million Forum Post Milestone!

BiggerPockets Crosses the 1 Million Forum Post Milestone!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

A few minutes ago, we officially crossed the 1,000,000 Forum Post Milestone here on BiggerPockets!

I'm completely blown away by this community and I want to thank you all for your participation over the last 9+ (10 on Wednesday) years!

We've managed to help so many people together and have changed so many lives -- I'm overwhelmed.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of BiggerPockets and to those of you who have played a role in our crossing 1 million posts by engaging on the forums.

If you haven't yet gotten active on our forums, jump in and find out what you're missing!

Tell us what the forums have meant to you . . . share your take below!

You guys rock!

- Josh

19Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
11y

Grats Everyone! What a great place to be :) It feels good to be a part of something that has blessed so many peoples lives, included mine.

  • I was introduced to real estate investing right here on the forums.
  • Since day 1 I've had all my questions answered, that could have held me back from ever investing.
  • I got feedback in the deal analysis forum about my first deal, which gave me the courage and the green light to move forward.
  • I also met my business partner Dawn and many other investors along the way.
  • I had the pleasure of being interviewed on the podcast, which opened up many doors while at the same time sharing my story.
  • I get to continue being active here on the forums. Not only by asking questions every day, I can even answer some now! 
See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    Thank you, thank you, thank you, please be seated, please, sit down, thank you.

    Just send me my grand prize!

    LOL

    Great job by everyone over the years I know it is a big accomplishment for Josh and his entire staff. While I have lost the feelings in my finger tips. had my wrists lock up, ears burned and having claw marks on my ceiling, it's been great and look forward to greater things with all of the members.

    We are all BP! Thank you for the memories Josh! Toast!   

  • Specialist · Los Gatos, CA · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    Congratulations!! And many thanks to Josh, Brandon and everyone who shares their knowledge and experience in the forums, blogs and podcasts.

    Learning something new, interesting and useful every day.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Congrats @Joshua D. ! Exciting Stuff! How long till we hit 2M I wonder? :)

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    At the rate we were flying today, 231 days, 11 hours and 33 minutes to 2,000,000. Don't stop now! :)

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Well done guys

    Congratulations :)

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Congrats Josh Dorkin, and to your team!

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y

    And to think, @Bill Gulley 

     only posted <~5% of those 1MM posts. 

  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    11y

    Congratulations Josh!  The forums are what I stumbled upon in 2011 and brought me here.  The quality of the conversation and knowledge has kept me engaged from day one.

    • I have learned about and opened an i401k based on the interactions on BP. 
    • I'm going to my first REI meetup in Chicago based solely on BP forum posts.
    • I've had BP members help me with some "boots on the ground" tasks in Arizona while I was home in Chicago.
    • I had a BP member contact me and offered to perform some tasks for looking at a new RE investment strategy.
    • I've stretched my wings and written some blog posts on my personal BP blog.
    • Met lots of great people online with REI as a common interest.
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Awesome! BP is the greatest RE community in the world! It offers so much value to all readers in the form of education, comraderie, and networking. Thanks so much for what you have given to all of us!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Congratulations @Joshua D. and the entire BP team!!!

    This is a simply amazing community.  I'm thankful beyond my ability to express it for everything I've learned here and all the encouragement I've received.  9-months ago BP saved me from throw $29k in good money down a guru hole!  I've never looked back since.

    Keep up the good work everyone!

  • Austin DavisPro Member
    Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes
    11y

    Congrats, @Joshua D. .  In my short time on BP, I have made great local connections, great friends and relieved some amazing advice from brilliant investors.  Thanks for pursuing your dream of BP.  The many lives that BP has helped and will help in the future (investors and people those investors help) is incredible.  Thanks again, Josh.  What a great service you have provided!

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    11y

    YAAY BP has A Million Posts!

    I just reached a thousand(minnie yay for me), which is tiny in comparison. :-)

    Real glad I can say I was here when it happened. BP rocks!

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    I have a lot to be thankful for to BiggerPockets:

    - I learned about Solo 401ks and opened one for myself.

    - I was able to be on a podcast and mentioned in several others.

    - I was able to be interviewed by Lisa Phillips and had my first ever YouTube video.

    - I met my business partner Mehran as well as a whole bunch of other people including 1 from Canada (Dominika) who I've partnered with and a realtor (Ramon) and another investor I worked with to find my first ever off-MLS deal.

    - I've gotten to use my personal blog to write silly poetry about being a landlord!

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    11y

    Grats Everyone! What a great place to be :) It feels good to be a part of something that has blessed so many peoples lives, included mine.

    • I was introduced to real estate investing right here on the forums.
    • Since day 1 I've had all my questions answered, that could have held me back from ever investing.
    • I got feedback in the deal analysis forum about my first deal, which gave me the courage and the green light to move forward.
    • I also met my business partner Dawn and many other investors along the way.
    • I had the pleasure of being interviewed on the podcast, which opened up many doors while at the same time sharing my story.
    • I get to continue being active here on the forums. Not only by asking questions every day, I can even answer some now! 
  • Hales Corners, WI · Member since 2013 · 229 posts · 80 votes
    11y

    10 years and a million posts!  Wahoo!  Congrats!  

    I will always remember the BP birthday because my wedding anniversary and my son's 10 year birthday are within a day of the event.

    These forums are so helpful, and the people here are great. I appreciate the generosity of the people who spend time here to answer questions and help out.  It's a real gift to a newbie to read and learn.  

    I've been here about a year and a half and I've been able to meet both Dawn Anastasi and J Scott (two amazing BPers) in person at Milwaukee REIA events. How cool is that?

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Joshua D. 

    Congrats, a milestone every member should share.

    Paul

  • Real Estate Investor · Aurora, CO · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Joshua Dorkin congratulations. Also on the same day that Peyton Manning gets the record for most touchdown passes. Woo hoo!

  • Ronald PerichPro Member
    Investor · Granite City, IL · Member since 2014 · 658 posts · 301 votes
    11y

    I can't thank all of those who have posted and made the one of the best sites on the www.

    And thanks especially to @Brandon Turner for starting this site! (listen to podcast 92).

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Oh man . . . you guys are awesome!  I especially appreciate the above post from @Ronald Perich -- someone had to be the wise guy ;)

    Thanks for your comments and for sharing your stories.  Please also share this thread on your other social networks and help spread the word about BiggerPockets!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Joshua D. There are a lot of links I don't and won't share...a lot of sites I won't "Like", because I'm very careful what I endorse.  I tell everyone who will listen about Bigger Pockets.  I'm going to go post the link to this thread on my FB right now.  You guys are amazing!  

    ps...I don't think one per week is enough podcasts.  I'm hooked and am usually showing signs of withdrawal by the time Thursday rolls around.  In fact, I'm now repeating episodes in the "dead space" between episodes...just sayin'!!!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    That means a lot, @Hattie Dizmond 

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Joshua D.  and @Brandon Turner ... thank you so much. The blogs, forums, and podcasts are now an essential part of my day. The site gives me a place to listen to others and to learn all that I can. It's truly a community and it has helped me beyond belief. There is no hidden agenda. You guys do this purely for the sake of helping others... and that's rare to find. I am indebted to you both, and can only hope to repay by giving back what others have taught me. Thank you. 

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    This forum has been meant the world to me and help my business

    *It is a place that I can fully share my dreams of real estate to a supportive audience. Something I typically don't do real life.

    * I can ask questions and people take the time to answer.

    *I have gotten to meet alot of other great people who are also in the military lifestyle. This has been absolute blessing as we have shared notes and learned off of each other.

    *It inspired me to start my blog in my signature to further the message of the attainability of real estate.

    *Provided a ton of great knowledge about vacation rentals something I look forward to starting in the near future. 

    *Create a knowledge base to help me figure out the next step, once we surpass 10 mortgages in 18 months. 

    Taught me that their is NO ceiling or boundaries to what you can succeed at, only the ones you put in place. 

  • Investor and Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 46 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    I can't thank enough ALL on BP pouring your Hearts out sharing and leveling the playing field for everyone in the Real Estate Business (Newbies and Veterans Alike). I stumbled upon BP when I almost got ripped off by a Guru and did a quick Google search and Oh boy! was that a life saver from getting ripped off and I have been hooked here since and learned so much. Keep on making it as organic and for regular guys as you been doing.

    Congrats @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner and All for 1M posts!

  • Investor · East Falmouth, MA · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Congratulations on the million posts. I have just started listening to the pod casts and I am up to 40 shows and I have gotten more info without the $ for the guru. I was feeling pretty bad after spending 4K on a guru and a couple years ago lost 200k on the RE crash in 2009. I wish I had known about this site then so might have used a better exist strategy. And skipped the guru. Bill Bam Bam Behring
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.