BiggerPockets Live Chat: Coming Soon . . .

BiggerPockets Live Chat: Coming Soon . . .

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All -

We wanted to tease you with an awesome new feature that is coming soon to BiggerPockets -- our LIVE CHAT!  In addition to the forums, blogs and private messaging system, members will be able to jump in on a live chat with their colleagues.

We know this will help you better engage with current and new connections and look forward to the impending launch!

8Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Brian BurkePro Member
Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
11y

Hey @Joshua D. can we block or ignore certain users?  @Ben Leybovich already stalks me on the phone and I can't imagine the torture of his ugly mug popping up on my screen every 30 seconds...not to mention that it might make @Brandon Turner jealous.  LOL. :)  Or maybe you could add "chat forwarding" so that when Ben pings me I can set it to go to Brandon instead.

Cool new feature, by the way. Love the constant innovation...well done.

See this reply in the discussion

50 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    11y

    Nice!  Looking forward to chatting it up.  How about an old school BP chat room where people can enter based on topics?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Mark Updegraff - I'm not sure about that, but you never know....

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    I think this is great!   I like that it is only IM chat, I hate video chat.  

  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    11y

    @Joshua D. I'm can see your hesitation.  It could be pretty chaotic with this bunch :D  How would you disseminate and archive the important data!  And how could you keep it from getting off topic... Probably best not to go there!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    Nice feature. Look forward to it.

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Joshua D. , if people are chatting on the side and talking about their issues one on one, do you think it will in anyway detract from the amount of info posted in the forums for all to see? 

    I know a lot of times people take the conversation off line which is cool, but it also sometimes stalls a good forum topic from reaching it's ultimate conclusion.

    But maybe this is more of an augmentation of the PM feature? Will the players in a chat be the only ones who can see the chat? I think it's a great idea, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around it.

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Oh, and it looks like I'm having trouble with that @ thingy again....

    @Joshua D. 

    or maybe not...Sorry. First time the page popped back your name wan't highlighted.

  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 72 votes
    11y

    As a long time user of web based chat rooms, I look forward to all of the real time info that will be posted in the BP chat rooms. 

    I suspect that a few moderators will be needed to boot out the people like the one that posted all lose gain muscle posts in the RE Success Stories the other night.  

    One suggestion is to have a room dedicated to people that have over 10 posts to weed out the "tire kickers". 

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    11y

    @Joshua D. it's about time, looking forward to it.

  • Investor · Whitttier, CA · Member since 2015 · 405 posts · 110 votes
    11y

    Great news Josh!!!

    Biggerpockets Android app on the way too??? *fingers crossed and holding my breath*???

  • Hot Springs National Park, AR · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Like the idea. I hope the implementation is simple enough for use by all. More involvement is good for everyone.
  • Brian BurkePro Member
    Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Joshua D. can we block or ignore certain users?  @Ben Leybovich already stalks me on the phone and I can't imagine the torture of his ugly mug popping up on my screen every 30 seconds...not to mention that it might make @Brandon Turner jealous.  LOL. :)  Or maybe you could add "chat forwarding" so that when Ben pings me I can set it to go to Brandon instead.

    Cool new feature, by the way. Love the constant innovation...well done.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    reminds me of the old days on AOL...

  • Real Estate Investor · Stafford, VA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Awesome stuff Josh! I was messaging my collegues and with comments and questions but this new feature is a great way to speed up that Q & A process and build rapport.

    Great Job

    Fran

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Brian Burke - don't worry - we'll definitely have an "invisible  mode!" 

  • Wholesaler · Traverse city, MI · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Love it!! 

    looking forward to it.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y

    I have written the new book, "The Biggerpockets Guide to Insta Chat while Wholesaling" and it is now available for only $29.95 (limited time only). Please send check or money order to Barnard Enterprises, Inc.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Will Barnard - hahahahahaha

    @Brian Burke - I love you too...more now than last night!

    @Brandon Turner - what the [bleep] is so funny...ha?!

    @Joshua D. - how come you let Burke be mean to me?

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    It includes a role playing transaction between Will and I that we tried off the cuff about 5 years ago and bombed big time....LOL

    Other than that, you can now have live chat on the Principals of RE, investor transactions and Notes for only $29.94 simply by sending me your debit/credit card number for the Biggerpockets Chat Education Class.  :)  (  LOL )

    Good to see it coming back, in another form.  

  • Involved In Real Estate · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Great addition to the already AWESOME tool sets available on BP!!

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 201 posts · 85 votes
    11y

    this is just ridiculous. Im never gonna get anything done! worst then face book! 

    :)

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 615 posts · 172 votes
    11y

    @Joshua D. and the gang!

    This is awesome.....I thought I was spending too much time on BP; now what with live/video chats????

    Great job! keep up the good works.

  • Renter · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    I just squeed with delight.

    Guess I'll have to link up with more colleagues, won't I 

    :-)

  • William E SMithPro Member
    Eastpointe, MI · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Excellent Idea! I can't wait!

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    11y

    Now i really won't do any work @ work..!!!

    Great idea!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.