Do you want to help BiggerPockets become even better?

Do you want to help BiggerPockets become even better?

Hilary C.Pro Member
Sr. Director of Customer Service · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 63 votes

Hey everyone!

My name is Hilary Catton, and if you don't know me, I am the Director of Customer Success for this amazing site you're currently on, BiggerPockets!

My goal is to make BiggerPockets even more accessible, easy to understand, and up to date on the most current sites you all love to frequent. I want to make your time on BP as enjoyable as I can, and I would love your input on what changes we could make to better your time on our site.

What do you find confusing, or challenging on the site? Do feel navigating through the site could be better - how? Do you wish something was more in depth, and less broad?

I look forward to all your responses! BiggerPockets appreciate you all!

Thanks!

Hilary

BiggerPockets
8Reply
645 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 102 votes
9y

Is there a way to save a blog post you really like or want to refer to later? I'd like to have a favorites or save button so I could save forum posts, blog posts and even podcasts that I want to refer to again later. Thanks!

See this reply in the discussion

159 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    careful what you ask for.. I read through this and could not understand half of it.. and or how it would all relate or work.. seems fine to me..

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    voting button has to be on the bottom of the posts. if i have to scroll up to vote, i never do it.

    tagging people should NOT require you to be first their colleague @Mindy Jensen

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    also, seems last 6 months or so, 95% of the posts are started by newbies. i love to help and have done so many times in the past, but there are only so many posts that i can repeat the same thing over and over. their questions are the same.

    there should be a way to address their questions in newbie forum. almost like a boot camp. the questions seem to repeat multiple times per day.

  • Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Really impressed so far even bought one of your audio books (really informative). But for login on the app it states email & password..... would continually repeat with no success, deleting the app and reloading, just kinda frustrating. I could go on laptop and it worked fine. and would end up going online route vs. using the app. What I found out in my settings is I have a screen name!! Cool, so I tried that and voila. I'm still really new I have some SFR''s here in Lansing, MI but learning a lot. Thanks

  • Hilary C.Pro Member
    OP
    Sr. Director of Customer Service · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 63 votes
    9y

    Thank you everyone SO much for all your feedback and support! We appreciate it so much!

    Our team will look into all your ideas, and keep you updated on if any of them are implemented.

    You guys have been the absolute best!

    Thank you!

    Best,

    Hilary

    BiggerPockets
  • Laurel, MD · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Hilary C.

    The site is great, It truly is, but finding information can be challenging.

    •  Forums, Facets would be useful to filter the posts, when you are on the Newest or unanswered posts.
    • Blogs, Its hard to scan for blogs. The blog page shows the features and newest, but there has to be more member blogs than that. Create a category system to allow people to dig in and find less popular or blogger who are starting out.
    • Dashboard: One of my biggest issues is jumping to my posts. I log in and I'm taken to my "dashboard" On other sites I'd expect to see a menu with my messages, connection requests, activity, activity on form post, the posts that have commented on, etc. I guess there is the Followed Posts tab, but it doesn't highlight what posts need action. 

    BTW I work in the IT consulting industry. I can introduce you to people at me company that are expert Usability, UI designers.

  • Investor · Pflugerville, TX · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    I would like to get more information on BP members' credibility on who has done some real estate deals in the forum.  This might require the member to send proof that they have rental properties, previous contract agreements, etc.  This is like having a "verified" user in other social media sites.

  • Lincoln City, OR · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 54 votes
    9y

    I would love to be able to go to my last views on any topic. Some of these are on going over a year or more and I don't want to have reread pages and pages to get to the new information.

  • Hayward, CA · Member since 2009 · 258 posts · 62 votes
    9y
    Under my discussion. New replies should pop up to the top and maybe a little red notification that tells you there is a update.
  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    1. Get RID of all the State subsections for each State. Colorado has 6 or so with little to no posts. I get that it's an SEO thing, but there aren't enough people posting to justify a subsection for Thornton, etc.

    2. Improve the search tool - We should be able to search for phrases in quotes, etc to narrow it down.

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I'm a newbie to BP app and already I'm overwhelmed
    I don't know how I can search through all the content and there seems to be a lot

    If it's easier to navigate that would be good :)

  • Investor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I realize there's a way to find other members in your geographical area.  However, it might help if a part of the forum could be organized that way.  Or maybe BP could work to help organize local meetups, or make it easier to list REIAs by geography.  Just a suggestion.

  • Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    I think people gather in these forum to get information on the complete process of making real restate deals, i.e. finding properties, writing the contract, finding funding, closings, finding contractors, getting the rehab done, selling the finished rehab project, taxes, insurance, etc.  I think there should be "open forums" with links to articles and news on each subject.  Plus other items likes corresponding advertising in each forum. 

  • Investor · Danville, IL · Member since 2012 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I agree this is a great site but I would like to follow a tread without getting a e-mail each time someone responds but that's just me. Thanks Monte 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    NO NO NO 

    Please don't  make it any better I spend to much time here now.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    9y

    The phone app is just very cumbersome to use and loads slow. Other websites when surfing on my phone load fast and phone is brand new. 

    I just check the site when I am on my Lenovo desktop as it can handle demands very well.

    I think the app version needs a ton of work. 

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chris Low:

    Is there a way to save a blog post you really like or want to refer to later? I'd like to have a favorites or save button so I could save forum posts, blog posts and even podcasts that I want to refer to again later. Thanks!

     Chris:

    The virtual cork-board  .... I asked for this a year ago ;-)

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    The app really needs some updating! Can't tag, things are buried under 3-4 layers... Actually also an issue with the website- if I am looking for a particular post that i am following, I need to go through 3 or four layers. Not the most efficient. 

    Also- if I get a notification about a thread/forum that I am following and I click to open it on my phone, it opens in my browser. Can't figure out how to get it to default open in the app. 

    Search function is so-so. Results are not returned according to how recent or popular they are, it seems. 

    Someone suggested this, and I would like to second it- "Dashboard: One of my biggest issues is jumping to my posts. I log in and I'm taken to my "dashboard" On other sites I'd expect to see a menu with my messages, connection requests, activity, activity on form post, the posts that have commented on, etc. I guess there is the Followed Posts tab, but it doesn't highlight what posts need action." The Dashboard is not very intuitive.... Posts, messages, followed topics/forums/threads, etc should be front and center.

  • Insurance Agent · Franklin, TN · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    @Hilary C.

    Good morning Hillary! Something I would love to see integrated on the site (it could even be a pro/plus feature) would be the ability to save things to your account. 

    I'm new to BP and as a result I'm constantly wanting to save forum posts, blog posts, and podcasts that I want to remember for later. But to my knowledge there is no way to do that. 

  • Insurance Agent · Member since 2015 · 191 posts · 124 votes
    9y
    As far as forums go BP is far and away the best resource for smaller residential investing. However, the ability to network with professionals in your area is pretty limited. With such a large following I believe BP has the opportunity to move beyond the forum and podcast space and serve in the role of an industry Association with local chapters that can organize local meetings and events and truly benefit from other. This may be a long term goal but I think making it easier to connect with professionals in your region would be a great first step. Forum discussions are currently limited to generalities from investors across the country with most detailed discussions taking place through direct messages. Forum conversations that focus on specific issues to one region will be more informative and naturally lead to networking opportunities and the establishment of true value added partnerships.
  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 119 votes
    9y

    I am fairly new to BP, and as I'm learning my way around it one thing I noticed that could be improved is having the option to pin the toolbar so it will stay at the top of the page as you scroll. This would be especially useful in the forums that have 50-100+ posts so once you get to the bottom you can just mouse back up to the toolbars at the top and navigate to the next page instead of scrolling back up through everything.

  • Real Estate Investor · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    This is something I have previously requested. Many BP members have investment properties in multiple areas. For instance, I have property in the Philadelphia area and in Florida. When doing my profile (for other members to find me), I had only one choice. I chose West Palm Beach. So anyone looking for investors in Philadelphia, I would not even show up. I would like to see the ability to select multiple cities in the profile. Also, why do we have to make a special request to list an occupation? Why can't we just add it ourselves?

  • Municipality Of Concepcion, MIMAROPA · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    It would help if the forums page is easier to navigate. Plus, some threads contain replies/comments once you open them but the number of replies are not shown on the main window. Cheers! :-)

  • Property Manager · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 117 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    Add a notification counter to the app icon which shows how many keyword alerts, messages, etc you have. similar to Facebook, Pinterest, and email icons.

  • Architect · Papillion, NE · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 840 votes
    9y

    Add / enhance the profile option for "Licenses"  by allowing other types of license to be added. As licensed Architect I don't fit the selections.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.