Sr. Director of Customer Service · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 63 votes
Hey everyone!
My name is Hilary Catton, and if you don't know me, I am the Director of Customer Success for this amazing site you're currently on, BiggerPockets!
My goal is to make BiggerPockets even more accessible, easy to understand, and up to date on the most current sites you all love to frequent. I want to make your time on BP as enjoyable as I can, and I would love your input on what changes we could make to better your time on our site.
What do you find confusing, or challenging on the site? Do feel navigating through the site could be better - how? Do you wish something was more in depth, and less broad?
I look forward to all your responses! BiggerPockets appreciate you all!
Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 102 votes
9y
Is there a way to save a blog post you really like or want to refer to later? I'd like to have a favorites or save button so I could save forum posts, blog posts and even podcasts that I want to refer to again later. Thanks!
Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
9y
BP is already a great site and always has been! But, having been here a while there are features that were removed about a year ago that I'd sure like to see return.
Showing a users posts/votes/awards next to their avatar (without having to click on each one) would be great. And, bringing back the page that shows a list of all forum threads that I have posted to allows me to easily go back to discussions I participated in and see the follow-up comments.
I almostly exclusively use BP in an iPad using Safari (don't like the app) and the safari interface is somewhat buggy. For example, the @ mentions work at times, and other times not.
Finally, when I click on a user to see their votes/posts/awards there is no way to close the box and it's now covering text. I have to click on someone else to get the first box out of the way.
Realtor · Farmington, MI · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 69 votes
9y
Hello: I recently signed up as PRO. I'm color blind and can't make out colors on the Graphs (a) Income and (b) Equity. Pl, consider adding in the legend that prints the graphs withblack hollow shapes namely: Diamond, Triangle, and Pentagon that is easily discernable to the naked eye. As stated earlier, my preference is to use Black and White Print outs. My hope is that you would consider my suggestion as I feel this suggestion could help others as well if they were to print in Black and White hard copies of the Analysis.
NOTE: See attachment for more info. on suggestion offered.
Realtor · Farmington, MI · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 69 votes
9y
Hello Hillary:
Here is another suggestion could your IT Team consider offering for PRO members the option to import fields from MLS Fields that automatically populate the fields in the Analysis tool.
Rental Property Investor · Temecula, CA · Member since 2016 · 151 posts · 63 votes
9y
Mobile: It would be great if local forums were a little better cared for. It appears they have to mention the area for them to show? What about user's posts who are in the area...
Flipper/Rehabber · Ocala, FL · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 10 votes
9y
@Chris Low hit it right on the nail with his suggestion! The option to save postings and blog entries for later reference is my #1 request. Each community post or blog entry would have a drop-down button, i.e.,"Save Post," with menu options such as 'save for later,' 'add to favorites,' 'create your own folder name,' etc. A sub-feature would let saves get set to public or private on your profile, depending on your settings. That would give profile visitors the ability to see what interests that user the most.
This feature would also benefit BP in the analytics department. Not everyone on BP is an active poster, and many probably have never posted at all. Answers to a lot of general questions can be had via a quick search. Sure the admins can see what people have searched for, but not in a way that a user could be targeted for relevant material. A 'save post' feature would create a whole new realm of internal advertising opportunities to everyone, even the lurkers. For example, someone signs up, never asks or replies to posts. Instead, they complete many searches for investing in single-family rentals. Then they click the save post option to keep posts they've found about buying only 'single family' rental homes. Based on this data, they would see links to BP books, podcasts, blogs, and other posts regarding what they are interested in most, buying 'single family' rental homes. It weeds out what you want, and don't want, in a click of a button.
This is a feature that is very similar to what can now be done on Youtube.
Currently, I bookmark entries that I wish to save. That is not a solution that is going to work for very much longer. I am going to start saving links to EditPad.
Real Estate Investor · Milford, NE · Member since 2011 · 201 posts · 140 votes
9y
I haven't read any of this thread but I would like to have the main forum go back to exactly to where I was when I clicked on a thread. Right now it always takes me clear back to the beginning and soon my adhd kicks in and I give up and move to another site. I'd like to go farther down the forum but it gets too cumbersome for me??
Lewisville, TX · Member since 2015 · 341 posts · 264 votes
9y
App is great. Keep updating it & adding new ways to connect. The forums & notifications are excellent & I have met some great people on the site & even closed a deal & flew to LA last week all because of the app.
1. Messages: It would be good to have the messages in chronological order with the most recent on top. Once a conversation has a lot of responses, it gets very annoying having to scroll all the way down to the bottom respond.
2. Forums on the App: When responding to a forum post on the mobile app, it would helpful to be able to reference what other people said or what the initial question is. I think a lot more responses would be generated to questions this way.
Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y
There used to be a list of 3 blog posts on the upper right hand of the screen. Those have been taken away. Would you please put them back? I liked seeing the new blogs and it was a reminder to read them. New people will never see them except by accident.
Up until late last week, on the BiggerPockets Blog, above the writer's name and just under the main photograph was a total number of shares.
Now it reads as follows in the attached image. No more totals, just numbers next to the different social media categories. Is this a malfunction or the permanent way of how shares will be shown from now on?
Investor · New York City Fort Myers FL, Birmingham AL · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 52 votes
9y
One small fix is that all LinkedIn profiles are linkedin.com/in/...... I just realized that you have to actually put the /in/ in front for it to actually link. Otherwise it will not connect properly.
Real Estate Broker · Bronx, NY · Member since 2011 · 597 posts · 341 votes
9y
I think the mobile apps need work. I always have problems signing in. They are also not as mobile friendly and I would think most people use this through there mobile devices. After all, I consider this the facebook for real estate.
Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 266 posts · 158 votes
9y
@Hilary C. I've got a random suggestion: recognize former BP Podcast guests in some manner with a tag, slogan, award, etc next to their name or profile page. I envision something similar to the PRO & Verified tags next to a user's name.
I've seen more than one exchange on BP, and talked with other members, that had no idea their posts/questions/etc were being replied to by a former BP podcast guest.
Architect · Papillion, NE · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 840 votes
9y
Is there a way a file preview of the file can be added to the FilePlace? Even if its only the first page? This would allow people to see if its what they want to download or not. Titles and descriptions can be vague at times.
Fontana, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
9y
Hi Hilary,
First off, thank you for taking our feedback into consideration to make BP even better than it already is! I joined BP a few months ago and just upgraded to pro a couple days ago, so I'm still getting familiar with everything and will probably have more feedback as time goes on.
For now, if this hasn't already been suggested and/or is not currently in development, it would be very convenient if the calculators (i.e. House Flipping Calculator, Rental Property Calculator, etc.) could be accessed/used from within the BP mobile app, instead of having to go to the full site to perform analyses.
Looking forward to seeing this soon.
Thanks again!
Mark