Do you want to help BiggerPockets become even better?

Do you want to help BiggerPockets become even better?

Hilary C.Pro Member
Sr. Director of Customer Service · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 63 votes

Hey everyone!

My name is Hilary Catton, and if you don't know me, I am the Director of Customer Success for this amazing site you're currently on, BiggerPockets!

My goal is to make BiggerPockets even more accessible, easy to understand, and up to date on the most current sites you all love to frequent. I want to make your time on BP as enjoyable as I can, and I would love your input on what changes we could make to better your time on our site.

What do you find confusing, or challenging on the site? Do feel navigating through the site could be better - how? Do you wish something was more in depth, and less broad?

I look forward to all your responses! BiggerPockets appreciate you all!

Thanks!

Hilary

BiggerPockets
8Reply
828 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 102 votes
9y

Is there a way to save a blog post you really like or want to refer to later? I'd like to have a favorites or save button so I could save forum posts, blog posts and even podcasts that I want to refer to again later. Thanks!

See this reply in the discussion

159 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dartmouth, Nova Scotia · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Some Content targeted at Canadians as well would be ideal. 

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Smith:

    Some Content targeted at Canadians as well would be ideal. 

     Brandon:

    Just search the forums, there is a fair amount of Canadian Content ... some of it quite close to home.

  • Dartmouth, Nova Scotia · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Hey @Roy N.  

    I have found some, but I meant in terms of some articles, podcasts, etc. The forums have a ton of info no doubt. 

    Where would you recommend starting for some Canadian info? Even NB specific info would be ideal. (Fellow NB'er!)

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Alamos, CA · Member since 2016 · 114 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    I posted a feature request for more granular notification settings here:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/25/topics/450361-small-change-request-for-notification-settings

  • Monroe, NY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Hello Hillary , i just signed up from my iPhone I have the app but it doesn't seem like I can update my personal profile at all!! The laptop at home is basically useless . Is there a way for me to update using app?
  • John PowellPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2015 · 308 posts · 153 votes
    9y
    On the iPhone app I can't send colleague request when I look at someone's profile. This would be extremely helpful as vast majority of my BP time is spent on my iPhone. Additionally a BP Calculator app would be amazing. I would pay in addition to pro membership for this app.
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    When adding an event, location is never prompted for. You have to let the "Post" button error out - it will complain about the missing location and you can enter it at that time along with the event start time and the other questions.

    Please consider adding support for multi-day events, also.

    My group frequently has events with two sessions: one Friday afternoon and/or evening, and the other all day Saturday.

    Please consider adding support for distinguishing between events which are dedicated to sales pitches and those events where items may be offered for sale but are not actively pitched during the presentation. Perhaps have two questions: 1. Will the event include any sales pitches? ... and 2. Will anything be offered for sale at this event?

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 502 posts · 263 votes
    9y

    @Hilary C. I am not a fan of the recent updates to the Keyword Alert emails. Snippets of text from the threads have been added, which is great for context, but the formatting is very confusing. Maybe it is an issue with my browser and/or email, but it seems like there should be more spacing between alerts as they all run together and it is difficult to tell which text snippet goes with which thread title.

    See image for example (red lines drawn in by me).

  • Spring, TX · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 39 votes
    9y
    I use the mobile app a lot. It crashes when I post and I find the splash screen that pops up when you open it to be annoying. Would be nice for it to go straight into the app
  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 119 votes
    9y
    The filter on the job page doesn't work for me. Regardless of what criteria I input (even if I know for a fact there is a job that matches that criteria because it's on the first page), it always returns "no results." Other than little quirks like that, I love the site!
  • Investor · California, CA · Member since 2016 · 367 posts · 375 votes
    9y

    Need more detailed tutorial on how to use the site, specifically how to search.  Improve search capabilities. 

  • Investor · California, CA · Member since 2016 · 367 posts · 375 votes
    9y

    The iPhone, app, I see the red circle, with a number inside, tells me how many new notifications I have.  But what am I being notified of?  Nothing takes me to those specific notifications.  Rendering the notifications useless. 

    I just get the screen: Continue to Forums, Read the Blog, Listen to the Podcast.   Where do I go to see the new stuff, implied  by the new notifications red dot?

  • Flipper · Edgewater, NJ · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    I run BP on my iPhone app and I'm not sure why I always get notifications of keyword alerts even when there's no new comment/post in a thread that I already received a notification for. Can someone help with that? It's really getting irritating, and I'd rather not have to turn off my BP notifications. Thank you in advance.

  • Tarzana, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    I'm new to the site, but I will tell you that listening to the podcasts I feel that the digs and competitiveness that Brandon Turner lashes out at Josh Dorkin are not funny and really uncomfortable to listen to. He just doesn't have the skill set to do that in a funny way and I wish he'd dial it back. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 28 votes
    9y
    I don't know if this was mentioned or if it is possible but I would like to save or book mark blog posts in my profile I would like to revisit.
  • Whitby, On · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    (Please excuse my ignorant newbness if any of these things exist or have already been discussed/dismissed, but) it would be nice if BP could branch out and someday become international (starting with a Canadian division of course :)).  

    I realize we've got one tenth the population, so perhaps you could hire some people for one tenth the pay to add Canadian content to all the sections where it's missing.

    For instance, if there's an article that mentions 1031 exchanges, you could have a little Canadian flag beside that with a link to information about the lack of this option in Canada and alternative strategies.  Canadian flag links would obviously be annoying for anyone outside of Canada, so perhaps this can be a profile option to show or not show links to additional information specific to your country/state/province.  

    Despite how incredibly helpful and motivational the massive amount of content found on BP is, I can't help feeling a bit left out sometimes; wondering what does or doesn't apply to Canadians, and what alternatives are available.  

    I realize there has to be a good business case justifying site changes of any significance, and maybe the amount of Canadian traffic doesn't warrant such an investment.  Having said that, a smaller request would be to have the option to choose Canadian locations for searches wherever they're applicable, but missing (I can't remember what I was searching earlier - something in the market place perhaps - but there was no option to choose Canadian locations in the drop-down search criteria).

    I love the site and especially the podcasts (It would be great if there was an episode discussing how Canadians can invest in US property or that spoke to the Canadian market). 

    At any rate, thanks for your consideration.

    Rob 

  • Rental Property Investor · Muskogee, OK · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Mobile App ! It would be great if you could at least look at your rental/flip analysis. I mean even better would being able to analyze a deal from the mobile app. Pulling them up on the go would be nice though.

    With phones today I'm taking pictures of houses, emailing to myself, then going to the laptop to run the numbers and add the photo. Then downloading the analyses, emailing to myself or to partners.

    also really agree with @Jim Adrian request !!!

  • Katy, TX · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Why doesn’t the screen rotate to landscape view on iPad?
  • Valparaiso, IN · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Unfortunately the iPhone app crashes after 3-5 minutes. Fixing that would be a great help. Thanks.
  • Oshawa, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Totally second what @Rob K. is saying. I would love to see more Canadian content here on BP. I love the podcasts and am running through them, 1 a day. But it is a little frustrating to see that many of the strategies that work in the US do not work a little north of the border. 

    @Hilary C. - It will be awesome to have a Canadian focused podcast sometime. 

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 22 votes
    8y
    Hilary Catton Good morning and thank you for asking for our feedback. I love the site overall. Not too many things I would complain about. The information is vast so I guess just knowing what you are looking for before any search would help you not feel too overwhelmed. With that being said though, I’d like a page or faq post explaining the difference between the monthly pro and the annual pro memberships. I’m paying a monthly pro and don’t have access to pro members only perks that was supposed to come with that package. Not sure if it was a glitch or purposeful but some explanation would be more than helpful for myself and anyone else who is thinking of going pro on a monthly basis. Also, explain the grandfathering process of an old locked in membership rate should someone decide to upgrade their account from free to plus or either pros. A small financial breakdown would be nice. Thanks again for your post.
  • Investor · Divernon, IL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Good Morning,  Not sure where to post this, but is it possible to make the letterhead available that is used on the calcualtor PDF downloads.  It would awesome to have a fillable PDF form that is just a "paragrah" that has the fonts, styles all locked to match the calc sheets.  Even if the letterhead is available on its own.  Having the logo, title, ect custom match on every doc is just amazing!  Currently I just screenshot it into a word doc, I am very paticular about making my all my docs match when making a pitch.  Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Leander, TX · Member since 2018 · 183 posts · 264 votes
    8y

    The "suggested contacts" feature is nice, but I don't trust it. I don't understand why it has chosen the people on that list. I'd like more transparency in why it's recommending someone as a connection.

  • Rental Property Investor · Leander, TX · Member since 2018 · 183 posts · 264 votes
    8y

    The marketplace of "Properties for Sale" is great, but here are three suggestions for improvement:

    1. Let me choose whether to sort based on "date of last reply" or "date of original posting." Often somebody posts a reply "Is this property still available" to a property that was posted many months ago. The property is long since gone but the reply pushes the property to the top of the list. I'd rather focus on properties that were (originally) posted more recently.
    2. Provide a "next" button so I can go directly to the next post in the "Properties for sale" forum instead of going back into the summary and then remembering which one is the next one and finding it to click.
    3. Remember which ones I've already looked at, so I can focus on the ones that are unread (by me).
  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I just joined and it does not seem so difficult, but not so simple

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.