Votes |
Crushed a mobile home park to turn it into a dealership

Sean Hayes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Athens, GA
Posted May 16 2024, 18:22

Hello,

Over the past 2 years I bought three mobile home parks, and to make a long story short I was able to sell one but got stuck with 2 that were condemned. We ended up tearing down all of the homes and rezoning one of the parks to open a new Mobile Home dealership. 
I have 7 years of realtor and investing experience with a small portfolio of rentals. I'd like to connect with investors to show the potential of putting homes on land to flip instead of the traditional house flipping strategy. There are huge profits in this niche and an untapped market compared to the thousands of others looking for SFH.

Curious to know if there are any other dealers here? 

User Stats

Votes
Logan M.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Provo, UT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Provo, UT
Replied May 17 2024, 15:08
Quote from @Sean Hayes:

Hello,

Over the past 2 years I bought three mobile home parks, and to make a long story short I was able to sell one but got stuck with 2 that were condemned. We ended up tearing down all of the homes and rezoning one of the parks to open a new Mobile Home dealership. 
I have 7 years of realtor and investing experience with a small portfolio of rentals. I'd like to connect with investors to show the potential of putting homes on land to flip instead of the traditional house flipping strategy. There are huge profits in this niche and an untapped market compared to the thousands of others looking for SFH.

Curious to know if there are any other dealers here? 

I am a licensed dealer in Utah

User Stats

Votes
Rudolph Shepard Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilmington NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilmington NC
Replied May 17 2024, 15:10

Good afternoon. We also do mobile homes on land but not as a flip, as long term rentals.  We only do used homes.  Are you  selling used or new mobile homes at your dealership?  

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 18 2024, 18:41

@Sean Hayes Very cool to hear! I've actually heard of families owning dealerships and then buying mobile home parks (instead of the other way around). 

Interesting to hear about your business model! Yes, I have the same question as @Rudolph Shepard Jr . Are you selling new or used homes (or both) through the dealership? 

Thanks for sharing!