• Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Feb 14 2023, 20:35

@Robert S.

Bad finish job. If it’s outside you don’t want it smooth you want a broom finish. To fix it they need to grind it down

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 14 2023, 20:47
Quote from @Robert S.:

I feel this is a poor concrete job. Why does the concrete looks like this? How can I make it smooth?

Just not a great finish. Could of also been crazing if it was too hydrated during finishing or too hot. You do not want smooth concrete outside on walk surfaces, you want a rough broom finish. You can grind/polish it down but it eill make it pretty slick! I would leave it and wait for it to weather. After a year or two you won't notice it. 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nashid Ali
  • Realtor
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Philadelphia
Replied Feb 14 2023, 20:50

It could possibly be resurfaced and then finished correctly. An experienced concrete person can tell you for sure.

User Stats

Votes
Robert S.
Votes |
Replied Feb 14 2023, 21:15

Thanks for all of your responses. This is a new build. Would the builder agree to fix this or they don't care?

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Jareckyj
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Mar 16 2023, 18:57

Totally if that's a new build I would have the builder fix that, if you're still in the due diligence process of course.

User Stats

Votes
Chad M Rogers
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 17 2023, 07:46

The concrete looks discolored from a chemical. Was the stone installed after concrete? (They could have used a chemical to wash the stone down but many of those chemicals stain concrete). It looks like excess grout was spilled onto the concrete and could be why there is a different texture here.