Votes |
Info on new development lots on Zillow, Trulia, ect

Solomon Rose
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Posted Mar 8 2023, 03:30

Hi BP!

I recently got on the board of a family company who just released phase two of a new sub-development  involving 30+ lots in Western MD. We have built one spec home and three lots are currently under construction. My family is definitely behind the times and the first thing I noticed was them not even visible on any of these sites! Is there a direction I can be lead in to find out how I can facilitate this process? Obviously emailing these sites has fallen on deaf ears so I am looking for a creative approach! 

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Brett Deas
  • Colorado
Votes |
  • Colorado
Replied Mar 8 2023, 09:47

Well how are you listing/putting them up? Almost very mls has a way to syndicate the listing out to the big websites, you just have to have your agent find it. 

User Stats

Votes
Solomon Rose
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Replied Mar 9 2023, 04:28

Right now we are selling them out of our office direct. The map view of the lots isn't even visible on any sites but the development lots have been filed with the county for going on a year. Its a very odd stop to be in and everyone seems lost and I'm just jumping in trying to remedy.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Doug Smith
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Mar 9 2023, 04:33

Hi @Solomon Rose Consumer sites are simply pulling an IDX feed from the MLS. Have the properties been listed with a real estate agent? That is how they show up on sites like Zillow. Zillow just pulls and rehashes that data in a different format.

User Stats

Votes
Solomon Rose
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Replied Mar 9 2023, 04:48

@Doug Smith Got it! The lot lines don't even show up on Zillow, trulia, ect so I didn't know how I could even get an agent to list them. I just need to find a savy Agent that can figure this out for me! Any direction would help! 

User Stats

Votes
Doug Smith
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Mar 9 2023, 06:56

Our real estate agency arm isn't in MD or we would help. The right agent makes all the difference. 

User Stats

Votes
Solomon Rose
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oldtown, MD
Replied Mar 9 2023, 08:51

Thank you @Doug Smith I will keep searching!