Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • EMERYVILLE, CA
Votes |
Live in Bay Area - Looking to meet other out of state investors

Account Closed
  • EMERYVILLE, CA
Posted May 13 2017, 19:41

I've been reading a ton, listening to podcasts etc., but I'm still freezing up when it comes to making a decision on where to invest. 

My expectation is not to become rich quick or hit a homerun with my first venture into RE.  However, I also can't get comfortable with the advice some folks give about simply investing and avoiding over-analyzing because "any investment is better than no investment." 

Because of the property prices where I live in the Bay Area, I've decided to invest outside of California.  That doesn't narrow my decision down very much, but it's a start.

Something I am having trouble with is figuring out what advice to trust on BP.  I'm sure there are plenty of honest & intelligent people giving their input in the countless threads similar to mine where new investors are asking where they should look.  

But the large majority of this advice is "come check out my city, people are making a killing here, great deals to be found, and by the way I'm an agent/wholesaler/adviser/etc. and can help (sell to) you."  Granted, I'm sure most of those responses are written by genuine people, who are smart, and have good intentions.  But it's impossible to tell who's who from behind the computer screen.  And trying to make important decisions about investments in areas I've never been to, with the help of people I can't easily meet in person, as a first time investor, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

So if there are any investors living in the Bay Area, who are investing out of state, and are willing to meet for coffee/lunch/whatever (on me), then let's meet in person.  I'd love to learn about your experience doing things remotely.  It's not such a great proposition, I presume, to meet with a young new investor who has only free coffee or food to offer in exchange for wisdom.  But what the heck, I'm going to throw it out there anyway.  

I can't guarantee a great conversation, but I'll do my best to make sure you don't die a painful death from an hour of boredom.  I could always bring my wife too, she is infinitely more interesting (and normal) than me.  She likes to embarrass & make fun of me so we could always resort to that.

Ok, that's my pitch.  Feels weird, like posting on a dating site or something.

Thanks,

Chuck

Loading replies...