Votes
Antwanika Saxon
  • Smyrna, GA
Votes |
Buying Agent want's me to ignore seller's disclosure

Antwanika Saxon
  • Smyrna, GA
Posted Jan 19 2018, 15:29

Hello, I am a buyer and I requested that my buyer's agent get the listing agent to send over the selling disclosure for me to review. I looked at the selling disclosure and one of the things on there is that you must check the box if you intend to leave any fixtures or appliances in the home. However, the seller left unchecked the box for window blinds. I found that unusual because usually the sellers will you leave the window blinds. My assumption is that is probably a mistake. However, I don't know the seller from Adam. Once I sign that sellers disclosure it is binding and I have no recourse. Blinds to fill the house that I am purchasing will be a pretty big expense and I'd rather avoid it if possible. So if the seller truly intends not to leave the blinds I need to know that. So I sent a message to my agent and I told her that I have reviewed the seller's disclosure and I would like her to either get an amendment or get something in writing even something from the listing agent that says that it's a mistake and the blinds are going to be left in the home. She replies back "I'm pretty sure she intends to leave the blinds I'm sure she doesn't intend to do a war of the roses on us." Why would I sign something that's incorrect? I would have no leg to stand on if the seller actually did take the blinds before closing. So then the next whopping thing my agent said to me is "since you're going by the house for the inspection if the seller is there why don't you just ask her about the blinds then?" I find that inappropriate. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Loading replies...