• Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Disney Cruise inspiring OOS investing in Dayton OH

Jeshua Patrick
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Sep 17 2019, 10:32

So my wife and I went on a Disney Cruise last week. While on our trip we met a family from the Dayton OH area who, in addition to owning an HVAC business, owns 20 doors in that area. We are in the Charlotte NC area and this market is extremely tough right now for finding and acquiring cash flowing properties. I grew up in the midwest and have heard that there is a lot of opportunity for cash flow in the midwest, with OH having several hot spots. A quick scan of the MLS made it apparent that there are lots of small multis both residential and commercial that should meet the 1% rule and quite possibly as much as a 2% rule. I am looking for recommendations on tools that are beneficial for market research or reputable people in that area that can help me verify market rents, locate value add properties, and provide reliable property management. I would also appreciate recommendations on non-recourse lenders as we will be starting with retirement assets that are being transferred into a self-directed account soon.

Loading replies...