What's your non-real estate side hustle these days?

202 Replies

I am testing the waters with defi staking. There is not much hustle to it, it is mostly passive like a stock and around 80% apy so far. I tested out turo. It worked ok but this defi offers same returns with less hassle and liabilty I think. 

Good luck!

@Kenneth Andino

To get started go to ACX.com, set up a profile, buy yourself a good mic, learn how to use it.

Put samples readings on your profile of the books you would like to read. (No more than 1 min.)

Use the the acx site to audition for books.

Once you land a book, you and the writer work together until the books is finished.

That’s all there is to it! Idk if I would even call this a side hustle though, more of getting paid for a hobby lol.

Self employed Remodeling contractor. 75% of my business is investors- rentals and flips.

Originally posted by @Derrick Burtle :

@Carlos Villalta

The rate in my area is about $100-110.00 per day. Of course I’d use it from time to time as well

I'm my area homedepot rents out 6x10s (4 yards) for $169/day. $100 a day seems too cheap for a 7x14 if its got taller sides. I'm buying a 7x16 for my business for the use of hauling extra dirt to my job sites. I thought about renting it out when I'm not using it but honestly don't want the extra liability of someone else using the acutal trailer. 

Some guys in my area haul construction debris for contractors with 7x14x4'. They drop it off to the customer for a week and then bring it to landfill after and include it in a base price. If the trailers overloaded they charge extra per ton. You need DEP certifications but can be very lucrative and somewhat passive if you get a couple trailers on the road and get a good network of rehabers. 

@Eric James If you go in every direction at once you go nowhere, I agree with this 😂

For the post, if you want to focus on something that makes money just do one thing, if you want a fun hobby on the other hand that’s a different question

@Otis Sanders

I do Turo with one car and use my electric car for my regular commute. Its a great time to do it, because I do contactless pick up and drop and use a lock key box. I’ve made decent money so far and it isn’t much work. They can pick up and anytime even when I’m at work. I Just give detailed instructions. I recommend it!

@Briana Phelps

I’ve been hearing great things about it. I wanted to start off with a few cash cars maybe a Prius and Mustang convertible. It’s too many Tesla’s on the platform in South Florida. 

When you do the contactless pickup at what point are you uploading pictures of the car into the app?

Originally posted by @Lisa Hernandez :

@Que Tran

Are you on an app to accept different notary jobs or with a specific company?

Register on Snapdocs, NotaryRotary, NNA, and 123Notary.  Join some FB groups too.  There is a lot of conversation on there for new notaries.

Originally posted by @Josh Caldwell :

If you do real estate correctly there is no need for a side hustle. A w-2 job is a side hustle but a temporary one while you get your real estate empire built.  Real estate has created more generational wealth than anything in American history.  A side hustle would just be a distraction. 

Hmmm probably the 100% RE investors from 2008 would disagree. 
I enjoy a diverse portfolio and a eye-opening side hustle or two. 

Only the ones who were highly leveraged. When a crash happens fortunes are made. for every seller who is losing money, someone else is making money. When the next crash happens subject-too and foreclosure buyers will become very wealthy.  

Originally posted by @Josh Caldwell :

Only the ones who were highly leveraged. When a crash happens fortunes are made. for every seller who is losing money, someone else is making money. When the next crash happens subject-too and foreclosure buyers will become very wealthy.  

Hi, Josh. Your real estate association usually meets right down McKnight, pretty close to where I used to live. I've been to a couple meetings.

I was pretty damned happy in 2008, after selling everything in 2007 and moving to the States. The concept of someone's loss is someone else's gain and how to pivot from where you are to where you should be when the market charges course is simply not addressed often enough here in the foums. I was lucky enough to be sitting on a nice-sized pile of untapped equity at the start of the pandemic. This allowed us to put more money than usual into acquisitions during 2020 and early 2021, snatch up pandemic-stressed deals. I expected financing to be a lot easier than it was -- if I had been able to pivot faster, the money could have been spent even better than it was.

@Keith A.

Nice question! @Keith A. My non-RE side hustle is specialized private in home elder care. I have a huge vision for future RE investment plans... Until then looking for them next best opportunity!!! Novice Investor, soon to be Real Estate Agent, looking for a broker to intern with, JV partners to invest with, syndications. Laser focused on Massachusetts properties, timing numbers, & networking 😄🙌