Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Leo
Votes |
Seeking Partners – 10% Cap Rate, 10yr. NNN

Brandon Leo
Posted Nov 6 2022, 04:27

Hi there,

I'm not on BP a ton, but I really admire this community. I am a small business owner with real estate as part of my overall strategy and I'm looking for advice on where to find a commercial real estate investor for a sale/leaseback.

I'm in the middle of acquiring a 30-year old company in Connecticut that owns it's real estate. I'm looking for a commercial real estate investor to purchase 90% of the real estate and 10% of the business. My partner and I would own 90% of the business and 10% of the real estate. This allows us both visibility into the financial health of the underlying assets.

I'm offering a 10% Cap Rate with a 10-year NNN lease.

We will be making five acquisitions over the next five years of businesses with owned real estate, and optimizing them into a larger parent company.

We're forecasting an estimated annualized CoCR of about 24% over five years.

User Stats

Votes
John McKee#5 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
John McKee#5 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Replied Nov 6 2022, 14:15

What kind of company, does the lease have any rent bumps,  what are the gross revenues, what kind of business?, How much experience do you have, how long has the business been around, what is the price?  Is this 10% of all business going forward?  How many square feet is the building?  How easy is it to rent out?  I have about 30 more questions, but you get the idea.

You will have to personally guarantee the lease, and it may be easier to sell the real estate at 100% to a real estate investor as opposed to a sale/lease back with a percentage of the business.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Leo
Votes |
Replied Nov 6 2022, 14:31

Hey John, happy to answer all this info and whatever else you need via email, but here are the cliff notes. By the way, we're happy to sell 100% of the RE, I just wanted to give folks the opportunity to diversify into business ownership.

• Manufacturing company
• $2.5M Gross
• Cabinet Manufacturing
• 10 years owner/operator, built multiple businesses and advised on multiple Exits
• In business just under 30 years
• RE is $1.08M
• 18k/sf building
• Building is 100% rented and upon acquisition, installing 10yr. NNN lease
• 30 more questions welcome, message me your email!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Eddinger
  • Meriden, CT
Votes |
  • Meriden, CT
Replied Nov 7 2022, 05:53

@Brandon Leo - I'm interested in having a conversation and I'd love to hear more about this opportunity.

Some quick sound bites on me.  I own 21 properties in CT.  Currently buying a big executive office building with a partner.  Running a flip company with another partner.  Own and operate a property management company.  I'm also connected with investors looking to put cash into play (including myself) if the opportunity is good enough.  DM me if interested in having a conversation.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Leo
Votes |
Replied Nov 7 2022, 05:55

@Samuel Eddinger done.

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Nov 7 2022, 12:48

RE is a flex building? For $1m?

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Leo
Votes |
Replied Nov 7 2022, 12:54

@Ronald Rohde The property is Flex, but is currently 100% rented. Feel free to DM me for more details.

User Stats

Votes
Roy Bhavi
  • Developer
Votes |
  • Developer
Replied Nov 17 2022, 07:12
Quote from @Brandon Leo:

Hey John, happy to answer all this info and whatever else you need via email, but here are the cliff notes. By the way, we're happy to sell 100% of the RE, I just wanted to give folks the opportunity to diversify into business ownership.

• Manufacturing company
• $2.5M Gross
• Cabinet Manufacturing
• 10 years owner/operator, built multiple businesses and advised on multiple Exits
• In business just under 30 years
• RE is $1.08M
• 18k/sf building
• Building is 100% rented and upon acquisition, installing 10yr. NNN lease
• 30 more questions welcome, message me your email!

I am a Flex Space developer and Investor. My partners and I are looking to deploy capital in Flex Space. Could you send me the details?