Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Blaise Dietz
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Birmingham, MI
Votes |
What types of deals are funding?

Blaise Dietz
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Birmingham, MI
Posted

Hi,

I was asked by a commercial Realtor today about what types of business loans are being funded and here was my response.

SBA loans! As most of you know, the SBA 7a loan goes up to 2 mm and you do not need to own the real estate and the SBA 504, where you do own the real estate, has a loan limit of 5mm.

We recently funded a Firehouse Subs and an ACE Hardware franchise deal and the key to getting this done is working with a lender that does not charge up front fees! Borrowers are afraid of being raped by the unscrupulous broker or banker who charges these fees. So, my advice is to NOT refer yourself or your client to brokers or bankers who charge upfront fees for SBA loan placement help. Also, you should avoid any broker or banker who charges more than 1pt for origination. The active lenders are paying YSP's of 1 point to their preferred brokers. Isn't 2 points for compensation enough?

Fact: Most local banks are on the sidelines still but there are several lenders that avoided the sub prime residential catastrophe and the irrational exuberance that took place in the commercial loan markets and are actively funding deals in conjunction with the SBA.

If you are looking for some small balance commercial business I would focus on working with business owners that qualify for the SBA loans and franchise's that are already approved by the SBA.

Please share with me loans and deals that are closing for you! Thanks..

Attack life!

Blaise

Loading replies...