Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Rob Rey
Votes |
Bank of New York Mellon REO question

Rob Rey
Posted Apr 28 2009, 07:33

Does anyone know if Bank of New York Mellon occasionally sells properties that never hit Realtor.com ?

And if so , do you happen to have any info, such as who they might use to dispose of REO's you can give me ?

Does anyone know who they tend to use to help them with their REO's ?

any info at all that can give me a contact would be much appreciated

I have been doing some research on the deeds site and I notice they manage to dispose of some REO's in Massachusetts yet I cannot find evidence that the property
ever hit Realtor.com or a similar site

Would anybody have a guess how BNY Mellon might be disposing of REO's without using the typical Realtor.com network ?

I am looking for a contact for BNY Mellon so I can see if a properties of there's is sold or ever will be sold ?

There is a lockbox on the property, bit it just sits there empty month after monrth .

Bank of NY Mellon took 8 months to kick the people out AFTER they had fully foreclosed on it , and it has now sat empty for 4 plus months .

A neighbor thought she had saw a sign in the front yard
that had the word foreclosures on it plus a 1 800 number
but the sign disappeared , possibly simply either the sign blew away, or kids removed it, or some local rep of BNY Mellon removed it .

So to sum this up , any info or contact you can give me for BNY Mellon is much appreciated

I sent them an email, havent heard back from them yet

thank you

User Stats

Votes
Niles Bollinger Jr
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Mandeville, LA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Mandeville, LA
Replied Feb 23 2018, 10:10

I am looking for this info as well.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 15 2018, 08:09

Rob Rey, I would like contact info to the REO dept at the Bank of NY Mellon. They have a property that I'm interested in.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ron S.#2 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Paradise, CA
Votes |
  • Paradise, CA
Replied Oct 15 2018, 13:00

no one is going to give you that information.

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Oct 15 2018, 13:15

Getting the number to the REO dept is easy.....but it will get you nowhere as they're not going to sell directly to you, tell you who their REO agent will be or when it might come on the market.

The best you'll do is contact a local agent and have them set up an mls alert for that property so you know when it hits the mls.....or constantly watch the REO auction sites.

User Stats

Votes
Quinn Skierski
  • Investor
  • Live Oak, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Live Oak, FL
Replied Feb 2 2019, 12:33

@wayebrooks 

You can also setup your own email and app alerts on Zillow, Acution.com and Realtor.com or other site by saving the address and setting up email.

User Stats

Votes
Kathleen Engelman
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied May 25 2023, 11:39
Quote from @Rob Rey:

Briefly:

To wrap this up:

BanK of NY Mellon responded to my email

I was wrong about them owning the property I was interested in.

BNY Mellon informed me they were the Trustee of the mortgage certificate, but not the actual owner.

They provided me the name of the mortgage company
they believed owned the property in question .

I then contacted that mortgage company, and after a little bit of phone tag, I managed to speak to someone in their REO department . The person I spoke to coughed up the lockbox code with very little begging on my part. I was kinda surprised he coughed up the lockbox code that easily. The mortgage company REO guy then quoted the price they were hoping to get for the property.

The price he quoted was way way more than I had envsioned .

I still went and looked at the property, and to say the least, I was disappointed . I took the time to call back the guy form the REO dept, thanked him for his time and professionalism, informed him I had secured the property properly and he need not worry that I left the property unsecure. He asked me if I had an offer price in mind, basically I stated we were way to far apart to even begin negotiating a possible deal. I plan on emailing him information on a couple of comps that sold on the same street of the property i was interested in. The Comps sold on the same street, but on a worse section of the street . He wont know that , he's in Florida,
and I'm up in a Northeast State. I think he said he plans on putting the property in the hands of a Realtor soon . If a Realtor tells the mortgage comany to list the propertyt for anywhere near what he quoted me , then the Realtor is just snowing them, in hopes of getting the listing .

I have an email for someone in the REO dept of BNY Mellon if anyone is interested in the future.

User Stats

Votes
Kathleen Engelman
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied May 25 2023, 11:40

Yes, I would like the email for someone in the REO dept of BNY Mellon. I too am trying to find out what they are doing with a property they own. Thanks in advance.