User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Ahmad
Votes |
I am thinking of investing in Oklahoma

Muhammad Ahmad
Posted Apr 9 2023, 03:45

Hey, 

Any real estate agent here who works in the neighborhood of Oklahoma City University. I am looking to buy a multifamily there. 

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Apr 9 2023, 11:31

@Cara Sides works with The Property Center in Oklahoma. They can help you out! I've done multiple projects with them in OKC and Tulsa. Highly recommended. 

User Stats

Votes
Cara Sides
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Apr 10 2023, 06:38

Thanks @Doug Spence! I would love to help. Feel free to reach out anytime, Muhammad.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Rhett Tullis
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Apr 11 2023, 20:13

While that is a decent area don't go in thinking you will have lots of students renting from the university.  While a few live off campus the majority will be on campus for that university.  

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Replied Apr 24 2023, 07:24

I'll second @Rhett Tullis here . . . that area continually attracts a lot of investors thanks to run-down 80+ year old houses and a seemingly evergreen base of students to rent it .  . . but if that is the hope in the investment you'll likely be better off investing in Edmond or Norman, which offer both of the above.

@Blake Young you have some rentals near OCU, right?  How many students have you rented to since owning any of them?

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Ahmad
Votes |
Replied Apr 26 2023, 10:46
Quote from @Will Fraser:

I'll second @Rhett Tullis here . . . that area continually attracts a lot of investors thanks to run-down 80+ year old houses and a seemingly evergreen base of students to rent it .  . . but if that is the hope in the investment you'll likely be better off investing in Edmond or Norman, which offer both of the above.

@Blake Young you have some rentals near OCU, right?  How many students have you rented to since owning any of them?

Hey, I want to buy a multifamily there because I will be studying at OCU. That is why I want to look for a property nearby so I can house hack easily