• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Inspection on New Construction

Godwin Deroseney
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Apr 16 2023, 16:47

I have a new construction property that I purchased this time last year but before closing I waived my personal 3rd party inspection due to many construction delays. I did not want to have my inspector on standby & rushed to squeeze me in. But I am thinking of getting one done in the morning before I have my 1 year inspection with my builder this Saturday. Do y'all think an inspection is necessary or not? Turning this property into a rental in the next 6-8 months so I want any possible deficiencies to be fixed on their dollar. Please advise, thank you in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied Apr 16 2023, 19:28

Don’t understand waiving 3rd party inspection and doing an inspection.  

Does that mean you can inspect but no one else?  

User Stats

Votes
John Clarken
  • Contractor
  • Oregon
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Oregon
Replied Apr 18 2023, 15:51

The builder will have specific items only that they are looking at covered in the one year. Hiring a home inspector they are going to find over all issues which might not be under warranty or available to cover. Also the turn around time is usually a couple days for this kind of report. I'd see what is covered and inspect those areas.

Ignite Funding  logo
Ignite Funding
|
Sponsored
Maximize Your Returns with Trust Deeds Earn 10%-12% annually on collateralized real estate investments. No fees to invest.