Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Replied Jan 29 2024, 05:32

Hey German - I looked into this strategy with a company that builds prefab homes in the Southeast and found that it is roughly the same price to build prefab as site built. The advantage to the prefab is the speed at which you can complete your project. You can have the house in production while you are working on permitting, site work, and MEP connections. The downfalls are that customization can be limited depending on the company and also you will need very clear access to the site to deliver the pieces of the home and drop them into place. 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 29 2024, 08:57
Quote from @Germán Rimoldi:

Has anyone used this method to to sell the house at profit? 

not worth it. no builder builds this way for a reason don't be the guy who tries to reinvent the wheel. we can deliver new homes in 4 months in columbus. DR Horton the average is 122 days in our market. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tam Lapp
  • Investor
  • Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pennsylvania
Replied Feb 19 2024, 07:50

My first build was a modular home... fast, efficient and cost effective.. I am a modular home dealer as well now... it really depends on your market and the actual company you are buying from!