Votes
Connor Mullen
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
Flooring for renovations

Connor Mullen
  • Indianapolis
Posted Aug 27 2019, 08:04

Quick question for you house flippers or property managers.

I work as a project manager for my family's flooring company. Is there a specific brand or product you stick with when renovating?

Thanks for any feedback.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Moore
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Sep 4 2019, 21:36

@Connor Mullen whatever is cheap and durable. I’m digging the lifeproof flooring.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Wingard
Pro Member
  • Johnstown, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Johnstown, PA
Replied Sep 4 2019, 22:30

I run into various scenarios. Sometimes I just want to finish a house and rent it quick. Instead of going overboard I may just buy a cheapo laminate which i know I will get maybe 5 years out of. There are some decent ones I can get for 50 cents a square foot and I can lay quick.  I buy these knowing I will change it eventually. Dealing with rentals if I do find a product I really enjoy I often try to find a good deal on a pallet of it because I can use it in multiple homes. You get what you pay for usually so in terms of brand loyalty I look for who will offer me the best deal at the present time. If it is a higher end rental I will buy more expensive flooring such as a hardwood as long as it fits the model of the house and makes sense. Lately I have been liking the vinyl planks and tile. Laminate unless you get a higher end one is garbage with water usually. If you were to use a mid range product I would go with a vinyl plank. They look great, durable and water resistant. A win from a rental standpoint.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes