Commercial Lenders and Classic Terms

5 Replies

Here is a question for the group that has probably been discussed a couple of times. For the newbies like myself, who do you use for commercial financing? Are there any investor friendly institutions that are willing to finance deals for a new investor with no experience? And, what would a classic loan look like in terms of interest rates, percentage down, points, years, etc. for someone in this fledgling stage of their journey?

Tarik Turner - Thanks for your response to my initial post. Currently, I am looking at a rental loan because the building doesn't need any work. It appears as though the current cap rate is 7% and the projected cap rate could be around 8.4%.

Partners Bank is giving 4.1%, 20% down, 25 year term with interest that resets every 5 years (based on prime). Loan is commercial, they want you to close in LLC or other corporate structure.

20% down does not have to be  your money. You could put in 5%, have the seller hold a 15% note. 

They do business in Maine, New Hampshire and Northern Mass

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you