Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes

Looking for Mentorship or Someone to Shadow

Posted Mar 22 2023, 22:29

Hello, my name is Andrew, and I am fairly new in the real estate world. I have been doing lending (Loan officer) for about a year now, and I just got my RE license in December and joined a broker to learn the realtor side of things. 

There are a lot of avenues I came across in real estate to achieve financial freedom, however, it seems like you need to be guided by someone who has done it, or shadow someone. 

I have my NMLS License, My Real Estate License, I have time (I can spare 6+ months not making money and learn until I get on my feet) however I am having a hard time finding a mentor or someone to shadow. I am looking for a wholesaler, Investor, or top realtor that I can assist and pick up game, etc.. I am in Southern California. I would appreciate any recommendations or help as I am fairly lost at the moment. 

I feel like I have all the tools and pieces, I just don't know how to put it all together to get the results. 

Thanks, :)

User Stats

Votes
Bjorn Ahlblad
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Replied Mar 22 2023, 22:48

Andrew if you are lost it is because you are too well prepared and you are a perfectionist! You are in the right place-BP! Find the right water and dive in!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Rabe
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Mar 23 2023, 03:53
Quote from @Andrew Abdelsayed:

Hello, my name is Andrew, and I am fairly new in the real estate world. I have been doing lending (Loan officer) for about a year now, and I just got my RE license in December and joined a broker to learn the realtor side of things. 

There are a lot of avenues I came across in real estate to achieve financial freedom, however, it seems like you need to be guided by someone who has done it, or shadow someone. 

I have my NMLS License, My Real Estate License, I have time (I can spare 6+ months not making money and learn until I get on my feet) however I am having a hard time finding a mentor or someone to shadow. I am looking for a wholesaler, Investor, or top realtor that I can assist and pick up game, etc.. I am in Southern California. I would appreciate any recommendations or help as I am fairly lost at the moment. 

I feel like I have all the tools and pieces, I just don't know how to put it all together to get the results. 

Thanks, :)

What's your end goal? What does it look like? You've got the pieces like you said, but if you don't know what the puzzle is supposed to look like, it'll be pretty challenging putting it all together, as you can see. And just like with tools, it's only effective when used properly and even moreso when in the hands of someone that's skilled. If you don't have the skills yet, who do you know does and/or what can you do to get those skills?

I'm an online trainer and mentor to aspiring investors and that's one of the first things we get clarity on before anything else. If you wanna talk more offline I'd be happy to help.  

@Andrew Abdelsayed

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 5% down loan options. Access the BEST deals in the US in one place. Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 23 2023, 14:53

@Brandon Rabe Hi Brandon, Thank you for your feedback. My goal has always been to be a real estate investor (residential). Buy and Hold and/or short term rentals. That's why I got into lending and RE to get a better understanding the industry. 

I would love to take this conversation offline, How do I get in contact with you? 

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Rabe
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Mar 23 2023, 15:00
Quote from @Andrew Abdelsayed:

@Brandon Rabe Hi Brandon, Thank you for your feedback. My goal has always been to be a real estate investor (residential). Buy and Hold and/or short term rentals. That's why I got into lending and RE to get a better understanding the industry. 

I would love to take this conversation offline, How do I get in contact with you? 

Sure man, DM me some days and times you're available and we can set something up. I may have a bit of time today, depending on your schedule.