• Barboursville, WV
Votes |
BP Meetup in Barboursville/Huntington, WV Area

David Fowler
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Posted Mar 24 2023, 13:33

I'm looking at starting a BP meetup in the Barboursville/Huntington area of West Virginia. There are a couple REIAs in the Tri-State area, but none of them are backed by the power of BP and the incredible people that it tends to attract. My vision is for this meetup to be informal and organic. Really just a place and a time for like-minded people to get together and talk about their passion for or interest in real estate investing. If that leads to a more structured and education based meeting, then that is great - if it remains just a place to gather and bounce ideas and network, that's great too. If you're in the area and are interested, let me know and I will keep you updated! The first meeting will be within the next 2-3 weeks most likely (around the 3rd week of April 2023)

User Stats

Votes
Alfath Ahmed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 24 2023, 13:43

We have a lot of BP members in the Columbus area. It would be awesome if you could do something like that in the Columbus area since WV is so close. If not, I can definitely look into arranging a BP meetup in the Columbus area for the Ohio folks. 

User Stats

Votes
David Fowler
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Replied Mar 26 2023, 10:09

I would love for it to grow to that point. For right now I’m going to focus on this immediate area and see where it goes. If you do get something going in Columbus let me know!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Mar 26 2023, 10:57
Quote from @David Fowler:

I'm looking at starting a BP meetup in the Barboursville/Huntington area of West Virginia. There are a couple REIAs in the Tri-State area, but none of them are backed by the power of BP and the incredible people that it tends to attract. My vision is for this meetup to be informal and organic. Really just a place and a time for like-minded people to get together and talk about their passion for or interest in real estate investing. If that leads to a more structured and education based meeting, then that is great - if it remains just a place to gather and bounce ideas and network, that's great too. If you're in the area and are interested, let me know and I will keep you updated! The first meeting will be within the next 2-3 weeks most likely (around the 3rd week of April 2023)

Hey David! It’s funny you make this post because literally just made one yesterday for the same thing. Maybe we could combine our desire for a meetup in the Huntington area work on getting people to attend together. Let me know what you think.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 26 2023, 11:25

Absolutely man, I’ve got a small group of people I know personally who are ready to roll. Just need to set a date and place - I know Oscar’s would be willing to set aside some tables for us. What do you think?

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Mar 27 2023, 08:33

Oscars would be a solid place. I have never been there personally but I have heard it's good food. Plus, I like the story behind the owner. I also might be able to get us the room at Sip. That is what I chose in my post with the date being the 15th of April.

User Stats

Votes
David Fowler
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Replied Mar 27 2023, 08:57

The owner is friend of mine, really good dude. My gut is to make it a weeknight evening. Weekends for a lot of people are usually tied up with kids sports, family functions and trips. What are your thoughts on that?

User Stats

Votes
Damon K Verellen
Pro Member
  • Inspector
  • Braxton County, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Inspector
  • Braxton County, WV
Replied Mar 27 2023, 14:18

Huntington is a bit of a hike for me, but I'd be willing to make the trip if I'm available. Keep me posted on the details. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 27 2023, 14:19

Absolutely! We’d love to have you. I’m an inspector too so we could talk shop if you want.

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Mar 27 2023, 14:50

The owner is friend of mine, really good dude. My gut is to make it a weeknight evening. Weekends for a lot of people are usually tied up with kids sports, family functions and trips. What are your thoughts on that?

Evenings aren’t possible for me since I work mid shift, unfortunately.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 27 2023, 14:59
Quote from @Jarret Durst:

We’ll find a way to get ppl with varying schedules involved. If weekends are better for most ppl then that’s the way we should go for sure 

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Mar 27 2023, 15:09

We’ll find a way to get ppl with varying schedules involved. If weekends are better for most ppl then that’s the way we should go for sure 

Since you are friends with the owner of Oscars then I’d say that would be a good meeting place.

User Stats

Votes
Deak Smith
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winfield, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winfield, WV
Replied Mar 27 2023, 15:32

I see where you guys are discussing meetups and varying schedules. I, like Jarrett, work a non traditional schedule. So a set day of the week at a particular time may or may not work. Just depends where it falls in my rotation. All of that said, I just want to get together occasionally to give my wife a break from me talking about real estate all of the time. If we’re able to squeeze a brew or two in, that’s even better. Thanks to all of you guys for starting the conversation. This is a real need in our area. 

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 27 2023, 16:06
Quote from @Deak Smith:

I see where you guys are discussing meetups and varying schedules. I, like Jarrett, work a non traditional schedule. So a set day of the week at a particular time may or may not work. Just depends where it falls in my rotation. All of that said, I just want to get together occasionally to give my wife a break from me talking about real estate all of the time. If we’re able to squeeze a brew or two in, that’s even better. Thanks to all of you guys for starting the conversation. This is a real need in our area. 

I’m always down to talk real estate and definitely always down for a brew or two so regardless, if you want to meet for beers and I can make it happen, let’s do it

User Stats

Votes
David Fowler
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Replied Mar 31 2023, 04:24

We're going to shoot for Tuesday, April 11 from 5-7pm at Oscars. Let me know if you plan to make it so I can let the owner know and he can make sure they are properly prepared. First beer is on me!

User Stats

Votes
Damon K Verellen
Pro Member
  • Inspector
  • Braxton County, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Inspector
  • Braxton County, WV
Replied Mar 31 2023, 05:26

We're going to shoot for Tuesday, April 11 from 5-7pm at Oscars. Let me know if you plan to make it so I can let the owner know and he can make sure they are properly prepared. First beer is on me!

Tuesday evenings actually work for me! As long as I finish up at the W2 in time to make the trip (usually not a problem), I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Dement
  • Chesapeake, OH
Votes |
  • Chesapeake, OH
Replied Apr 2 2023, 11:15

Would love to come, I’ll be out of town that week but the next one I will definitely try to make it! 

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Apr 2 2023, 13:46

Weekdays unfortunately do not work for me.

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Apr 3 2023, 12:14

Update, I’m going back to days so I can in fact do Tuesday evening. I know Deak’s schedule is also varying, so we need to make sure this will also work for him.

User Stats

Votes
David Fowler
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Replied Apr 11 2023, 09:20

Meetup is this evening at Oscars from 5-7pm. First beer is one me! I'll be the bald one in a blue Kentucky polo, unless my manbun dreams miraculously come true in the next few hours. We'll most likely be set up to the right upon walking in. Looking forward to meeting everyone, hopefully this is the first of many!

User Stats

Votes
Damon K Verellen
Pro Member
  • Inspector
  • Braxton County, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Inspector
  • Braxton County, WV
Replied Apr 12 2023, 06:30

Meetup is this evening at Oscars from 5-7pm. First beer is one me! I'll be the bald one in a blue Kentucky polo, unless my manbun dreams miraculously come true in the next few hours. We'll most likely be set up to the right upon walking in. Looking forward to meeting everyone, hopefully this is the first of many!

It was great to meet everyone! It's amazing how a few conversations with like minded folks can get your wheels turning and stir up that excitement and motivation for investing. Looking forward to doing it again.

User Stats

Votes
Devin Slone
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Huntington, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Huntington, WV
Replied Aug 14 2023, 07:53

I live in Huntington and was looking for local meetups to go to and I just stumbled upon this post! How is it going?

User Stats

Votes
David Fowler
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Appraiser
  • Barboursville, WV
Replied Nov 1 2023, 13:23
Quote from @Devin Slone:

I live in Huntington and was looking for local meetups to go to and I just stumbled upon this post! How is it going?

Sorry Devin, I'm not great at getting on here and updating - it's going well! The next one is 11/9 at Oscars 5-7pm. Come by if you can!

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Durst
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Virginia
Replied Nov 9 2023, 16:53
Quote from @Devin Slone:

Hey Devin, going great man! Like David said, I also don't get on here to check my notifications very much. I am swamped right now with my rental renovations & furnishings I am finishing up plus I typically work late, so I haven't been able to make it much lately. Either way, it is a great group of guys and you should come to one of the meetups if you can make it. 

User Stats

Votes
Devin Slone
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Huntington, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Huntington, WV
Replied Nov 10 2023, 08:13
Quote from @Devin Slone:

Hey Devin, going great man! Like David said, I also don't get on here to check my notifications very much. I am swamped right now with my rental renovations & furnishings I am finishing up plus I typically work late, so I haven't been able to make it much lately. Either way, it is a great group of guys and you should come to one of the meetups if you can make it. 

I just saw this as well I haven’t been on BP as much lately. I will definitely keep myself on here to stay updated and will definitely be interested in coming to the next one! Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Devin Slone
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Huntington, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Huntington, WV
Replied Nov 10 2023, 08:13
Quote from @Devin Slone:

Sorry Devin, I'm not great at getting on here and updating - it's going well! The next one is 11/9 at Oscars 5-7pm. Come by if you can!

I just saw this as well I haven’t been on BP as much lately. I will definitely keep myself on here to stay updated and will definitely be interested in coming to the next one! Thanks!