• Investor
  • San Bruno, CA
Votes |
Turnkey provider for properties in Ocala, FL

Wenqian Guo
  • Investor
  • San Bruno, CA
Posted Mar 30 2023, 21:19

Are there any turnkey providers in Ocala Florida? ( both new builds and or rehab properties) I was not able to find any, rent to retirements has some in Ocklahawa which is kind of close to Ocala…but from what I read on the forum Ocklahawa is a lot more rural than Ocala, and not appreciated as much, is this true ?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 4 2023, 07:03

Hey Wenqian, you are correct, Ocklahawa is close to Ocala but definitely more rural. The properties tend to have larger lot sizes and tend not to appreciate as quickly. Though, I have investors I work with that do well with their rental properties in that area.

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Roberts
  • Realtor
  • Ocala, Fl
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Ocala, Fl
Replied Apr 5 2023, 17:19

Yes Ocklahawa is more rual but its still very close to Ocala. Its closer to Belleview, where Lockheed Martin is which is one of the biggest employers in the Ocala area. There are a lot more new builds in the Summercrest subdivision in Ocala. Message me if you have any more questions :) 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Clay Lehman
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 6 2023, 04:44

Ocklawaha is fairly rural.  Currently, the houses in that area are renting, but they take longer to rent.  I am also concerned that when the economy starts to weaken, the more rural areas will get even more challenging.  There are opportunities west of Ocala in Dunnellon and Citrus County, where the area is growing pretty rapidly, that would probably represent better opportunity.  I sent you a PM, let me know if you would like to connect live.

True Title of Central Florida Logo

User Stats

Votes
Wenqian Guo
  • Investor
  • San Bruno, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Bruno, CA
Replied Apr 7 2023, 07:57

Thanks guys for the insights into the difference between ocklawaha vs Ocala. When I talked to RTR, they told me it’s the same market. Maybe it differs by zipcode, I’m not sure. But this is the location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/i1SgMR..., is this still the more rural, or same market as Ocala? @Sarah Roberts @Travis Main

User Stats

Votes
Wenqian Guo
  • Investor
  • San Bruno, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Bruno, CA
Replied Apr 7 2023, 07:58
Quote from @Account Closed:

Ocklahawa's appreciation is slow, and it's a choice you need to make based on your own needs, and I personally don't recommend you do that if you're buying an investment at this stage

Thank you for the response! What do you mean by “this stage”? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 12 2023, 15:31

I own a property in Ocklawha and the one you mentioned is fairly close to it. There is very poor response for the rental and many of the homes are lying around for rental for 2+ months. Ocklawaha and Ocala are not same and Ocklawaha is very rural with no infrastructure. Suggest to stay away from Ocklawaha (I also bought property through the same company you are in contact) in this brutal economy based on my experience thus far. I also closed one another property in NC which is in excellent location and is doing good. So in this condition, it really boils down to the location and that is the key.