Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Charles Horning
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Rental and Investment Properties in Kansas City (Section 8)

Charles Horning
  • Real Estate Agent
Posted Apr 3 2023, 10:29

Hi BP,

My name is Charlie Horning I'm a real estate agent here in Kansas City that specializes in investment properties. I'm looking to grow and connect with more people in the KC market and surrounding areas both in and out of state. 

I've been doing this for about 10 months now and have so far sold 20+ properties. I get SF and MF deals. Value add properties and turnkey. Right now I'm looking to connect with more people who have experience with section 8 rentals. I come across a good amount of these properties and can get them off market and at a good price, but seem to have trouble moving them. What are investors looking for when going the section 8 route? I have a property now that should cash flow at $250-350 a month. Is this a good target for this type of product?

I'm hard working, hungry, and eager to continue to learn and build relationships. I would love to connect with you if you are involved in real estate investment in the area!

User Stats

Votes
Scott Bowles
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Replied Apr 4 2023, 09:39

My guess is you are finding a lot of these at a good price because there is not a ton of demand. I wouldn't buy out of state in rough areas so you are probably looking at selling these to local investors who specialize in low income rentals. You may need to find some folks with experience in that in KC and see what they think.