General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
David Madrid
Votes |
Investing near Goldsboro, NC

David Madrid
Posted May 1 2023, 19:45

Looking for any information related to Goldsboro, NC.  Has anyone invested there?  Good/bad experiences? Good PMs in the area? 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Shrewsbury
Votes |
Replied May 2 2023, 16:56

Hey David, I know that there is an Airforce base there which means that there could be great rental potential. I personally haven't invested there but I have been there a few times over the years and it doesn't seem like a bad area. I would suggest looking at crime rates and looking at closed listings to survey the area. Let me know if you need a referral to an agent in the area! I would be more than happy to get you in contact with someone!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 3 2023, 10:16

Goldsboro is a solid market to look at. But one market that is growing and I feel has a lot of potential is just North of Goldsboro. I think Rocky Mount is a place I have find a lot my investor flocking too. This market is growing and experiencing the effects of a supply shortage. Homes in the area having single digit Days on Market and months of supply lingering around 2.7 over the last few months. What other markets are you looking into?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tanner Miller
  • Investor
  • Eastern NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Eastern NC
Replied Aug 19 2023, 05:39

David,

I have invested there. Like people have said there is an Air Force base, and why that is important is you will always have a constant stream of people coming in, and most of them are not looking to buy. Rental market is good, but with it being somewhat far from the city don't expect an immense amount of appreciation. With military members you pretty much have guarenteed income because if they stop paying you, then you can go to their supervisor and theyll take the money out of the paycheck prior to the service member being paid. Ive been active duty air force for 8 years now and invested in 3 different states and having military tenants is great (for the most part). If you have more questions let me know!