• Beaverton, OR
Votes |
Seeking advice or mentor in foreclosure acution purchases

Melissa Hartvigsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Posted May 31 2023, 14:42
Hello BP Community!

One of my clients is interested in getting into buying houses at foreclosure auctions, and then rehabbing them for re-sale. Are there any local PDX investors in this area willing to share advice or be a mentor?

Thank you in advance!
Melissa
  • Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 31 2023, 17:25

Your clients are going to have to close the deal in cash. Have them go to a few and spectate before purchasing. Most can be bought before auction. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied May 31 2023, 18:22
Quote from @Melissa Hartvigsen:
Hello BP Community!

One of my clients is interested in getting into buying houses at foreclosure auctions, and then rehabbing them for re-sale. Are there any local PDX investors in this area willing to share advice or be a mentor?

Thank you in advance!
Melissa
Ask your investor if they are willing to buy a house using cash, with the inside of the house sight unseen, from someone who stopped making their payments, who also stopped maintaining the property and you can't do a walkthrough or inspection before purchashing. Then have to evict them. By the way, some people destroy a house just before the sale. I've seen concrete poured down sinks and toilets and tub, wires stipped out of the walls, holes in walls from sledge hammers, drugs, feces, **** roaches, rats, and a raccoon or two. It's an interesting way to buy a job.
Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied Jun 1 2023, 09:11
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

Your clients are going to have to close the deal in cash. Have them go to a few and spectate before purchasing. Most can be bought before auction. 

Thanks for the tip!
  • Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied Jun 1 2023, 09:12
Quote from @Mike Hern:
Hello BP Community!

Thank you in advance!
Melissa
Ask your investor if they are willing to buy a house using cash, with the inside of the house sight unseen, from someone who stopped making their payments, who also stopped maintaining the property and you can't do a walkthrough or inspection before purchashing. Then have to evict them. By the way, some people destroy a house just before the sale. I've seen concrete poured down sinks and toilets and tub, wires stipped out of the walls, holes in walls from sledge hammers, drugs, feces, **** roaches, rats, and a raccoon or two. It's an interesting way to buy a job.
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. I already had that conversation with my client and they are willing to those risks. Looking for advice or mentorship from folks that do it regularly.
  • Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 1 2023, 11:15

Melissa, you seem like a good agent who has your client's best interest at heart! 

User Stats

Votes
Corby Goade
  • Investor
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jun 24 2023, 04:10
Hello BP Community!

Thank you in advance!
Melissa
Not all foreclosure auctions require cash and not all are sight unseen. They're all different depending on the requirements of the bank, so don't let those things stop you.