Looking for Feedback: 25-Year-Old Investor Managing SFR Portfolio

Looking for Feedback: 25-Year-Old Investor Managing SFR Portfolio

Investor · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 2 votes

Hey BP community — I'm looking for any tips or ideas on how to improve my business and keep growing.

I'm 25 years old, based in Florida, and a full-time Realtor. I own and operate Adkins Enterprises LLC, which holds six single-family rentals in Franklin County, VA — all on annual leases.

I just closed on a new property that should rent for $1,500/month after about $5K in repairs. Here's a quick snapshot of my current rents:

  • 1834 Brooks Mill Rd: $2,000
  • 1876 Brooks Mill Rd: $1,300
  • 1976 Timber Ridge Rd: $700
  • 120 Donald Ave: $900
  • 130 Donald Ave: $1,300
  • 3870 Old Forge Rd: New – expected $1,500

The portfolio appraised at $1.5M. I currently have a $575K loan at 7.25% (5-year ARM). Property taxes are around $4,400/year, insurance is roughly $3,100/year, and property management takes 10% of gross rent. I’m exploring the idea of self-managing from Florida to increase cash flow.

My goal is to keep scaling the business and eventually move into multifamily. I’d appreciate any feedback or ideas on how to run things more efficiently, build reserves, and prepare for future growth.

Thanks in advance!
– Adkins Enterprises LLC

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    1y

    How much time do you actually have to self-manage?

    How much are you making per hour as an agent?

    Take the answers to these questions and figure out if your time is worth more than what you are paying your PMC.

    Investors OFTEN undervalue their time!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.