WHO has helped you on BiggerPockets?

WHO has helped you on BiggerPockets?

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Name something you've learned from someone on BiggerPockets (podcast, forums, blog, whatever) and tag the person from whom you learned it. Name as many people as you want, but please limit your posts to one-person-per-post.

1Reply
384 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

This is a great thread!

@Joshua D. - thank you!

@Brandon Turner - I love you!

@Serge S. - I can't quite define how I feel about you, but I had to mention..:)

@Bill Gulley - I've gained so much insight from you and resect for you...

But the prize goes to...@Brian Burke - thank you indeed Brian!

See this reply in the discussion

226 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ben Leybovich . I've learned from your content you've shared here since I first found BiggerPockets. You also deserve a VERY special thank you and here's why: When I first joined BiggerPockets and knew no one here I reached out to you (because of your content) and you responded to me. I'll never forget that!

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Steve Babiak . A special thank you for your tireless work behind the scenes of BiggerPockets which leads to everyone learning more with less confusion & unnecessary items getting in the way.

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ned Carey . Just like with Jon I'm amazed by your knowledge with this industry and your tireless commitment to this site. You're an incredible contributor.

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Dawn Anastasi you opened my eyes as to what you could get for your dollars. Some of the places you've purchased and the rents you get are incredible! I've been amazed by your posts and what you've done in your real estate investing venture.

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard for sharing everything you've done in the way you have has been incredibly inspirational. Man have you opened my eyes! A very special thanks for your tireless commitment to BiggerPockets and constant help to anyone who asks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager

    Thanks for the shout-out indeed! I'd like to think that I am open to anyone reaching out, and it is certainly nice to know that it does not go unnoticed...

    Thank you so much!

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @J Scott for providing the most comprehensive "Meat and Potatoes" with your books and content. There was a guy here who in jest called you the "Wilt Chamberlain" of BiggerPockets. Little did he know that's a true representation of your time and actions with BiggerPockets. You deserve that title any day!

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner should be a given, but better @mention him anyway. His patience and great attitude are greatly appreciated! I'm sure there's nobody on here that hasn't been helped by him. and of course, @Joshua D. for having the vision to create this site, and for constantly listening to everyone and their ideas.

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ankit Duggal for opening my eyes to investing in real estate without having tenants.  Also for the time you've given the local group of BP members with your knowledge.  Greatly appreciate your help with that!

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Chad Bernstein  for you helping me make regular meetups in NYC a realistic and achievable event.

  • Investor · Kern county Riverside County, CA · Member since 2008 · 494 posts · 261 votes
    12y

    @k. Marie Poe and @Rick H. have been so instrumental in expanding my reality. My favorite Friday night activity after getting the kids to bed is to read through their posts and marvel at the creative solutions and knowledge. Thank you!

  • Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    @Ned Carey @David Totten @Brandon Turner@Joshua Dorkin@Jerry W. @Tim G. @Tyrus Shivers@Sharon Vornholt @Steve Babiak @Ronnie Boyd @Bryan L. @Ronda McCormick @Robert Steele @Patrick Reagan @Weston Brown @Mark Pedroza @Rick Harmon @Michael Rivera @Will Barnard arnard Barnard iam Larson @Shaun Reilly @Mary B. @Paul Jamgotch @Jon Holdman @Marvin S. @Joel Owens @Corey Davis @Brett Russell @Darren Sager @Will Barnard @Wayne Brooks @Bryce Y. @Alison M. @Henry M. @Peter Nater @Chad Bernstein @Franchesa Johnson. Especially @Charmaine M. @Andy Luick @Martin Shlakman & my favorite Wholesale Rock Star @Aaron Mazzrillo. These are all of the people (Along With A few Others I Forgot To Mention---Apologies!) that Truly made Biggerpockets A Community For Me. You have All helped me tremendously. I look forward to following your examples. THANK YOU BP!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 74 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Antonio Chasten I'm just starting out in wholesaling and Antonio was a wealth of information on wholesaling and gave a lot of guidance I had not previously read or heard. He has been available when I have had last minute questions come up and is quick to help so I can further determine my next step. He made me aware how tools I had access to were assets to me as a wholesaler and honestly one tool I was about to deactivate. I enjoy knowing he is around to assist when needed and I look forward to working with him long term and JVing in the future. Awesome man! Wealth of information! Thanks Antonio. Had to give you a shout out as soon as I saw this post :)

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    @Benjamin Kelley@Ben Leybovich - his pod cast helped me firgure out what the heck I was doing with my little multi-unit.

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    @Al Williamson - I don't even know where to start... the idea of transformational landlording, the cost savings project... the man's brain is always going

  • Homeowner · Longview, TX · Member since 2013 · 131 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    @Chris Feltus, @J Scott

    have learned a lot from everyone, awesome site, forum's and especially the Podcast.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    The Whollleeee BP family. With the help, advice, and guidance it is amazing how much of an impact everyone has made in my life...THANKS

  • Multi-family Investor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    Like everyone else replying there are too many to mention:

    @Brandon Turner for his real estate recommended book list....which i searched and subsequently allowed me to find the Bigger Pockets community with its wealth of experience and info

    @Michael Blank For putting together a great step-by-step guide to syndicating your my first apartment acquisitions (which is coming together!) also creating an "idiot proff" deal analyzer that has saved me hours of time!

    @Brian Burke for being an advisor when i have newbie questions on property analysis and for your expertise on real world financials when analyzing properties sent my way

    @Damien Shoemake For continuing to supply me with potential deals especially the off market ones

    --------

    The networking and information on this site has definitely made my journey easier and more possible to acquire my first aparment building this year on my way to 1,000 units by 2015. Thank you BP! @Joshua D.

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    12y

    We're supposed to do a separate post for each person, guys.

    @Bill Gulley

    Even though he doesn't like mobile homes and that's my niche and he's extremely conservative, I can't deny the vast contributions he's made to my knowledge. Thanks, Bill. I know you invest a lot of time here helping us.

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    12y

    @J Scott

    I bought a couple of mobile home notes from him a few years ago and he went above and beyond what was required on the deal.

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    12y

    @Rachel H.

    I've learned a lot from her both here and on her blog. She's revived my interest in investing in mobile homes lately.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Leslie A.:
    We're supposed to do a separate post for each person, guys.

    @Bill Gulley

    Even though he doesn't like mobile homes and that's my niche and he's extremely conservative, I can't deny the vast contributions he's made to my knowledge. Thanks, Bill. I know you invest a lot of time here helping us.

    LOL, Thank you for the thought, especially since I'm not in your niche. Really, it's not that I don't like MHs, there are some nice ones and in the right market they can anchor a profitable business. You need to see me on my wild days, LOL. Good luck. :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @God. Thank you for allowing me free will and although I always seem to think of you when I need you more than when I should I do appreciate what you've given me. Life is great with you in it.

  • Investor · West New York, NJ · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager my realtor-investor/mentor for placing me in front of multi-family income properties that make sense. He also started the bigger pockets meet in north jersey and I was able to network with some great people.

  • Investor · Jupiter, FL · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Brianna Schmidt has been blowing up my inbox since I found BP and started posting questions all over yesterday. You have been a huge help!!! Thank you so much!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.