WHO has helped you on BiggerPockets?

WHO has helped you on BiggerPockets?

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Name something you've learned from someone on BiggerPockets (podcast, forums, blog, whatever) and tag the person from whom you learned it. Name as many people as you want, but please limit your posts to one-person-per-post.

1Reply
426 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

This is a great thread!

@Joshua D. - thank you!

@Brandon Turner - I love you!

@Serge S. - I can't quite define how I feel about you, but I had to mention..:)

@Bill Gulley - I've gained so much insight from you and resect for you...

But the prize goes to...@Brian Burke - thank you indeed Brian!

See this reply in the discussion

226 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    I have picked up many new things from quite a few people on BP.

    Its great waking up to 30 BP emails lollol

    Thanks to all and keep the dream alive ;)

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    BP Nation great website with a lot of great info and people. can't believe I had never heard of it until 3 months ago..

    jay,

    i have read your posts.... with the deals you are making/into, did you really need BP? you know everything if you do multi 7 digits deals! and i mean that!.

  • Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 53 posts · 41 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner and @Joshua D. Thank you for creating this site!

  • Calumet City, IL · Member since 2014 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    @Jon Holdman and @Bill Gulley

    They have really helped me, especially Bill. I have learned a lot about commercial real estate from Bill.

  • Calumet City, IL · Member since 2014 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    Sorry I also forgot Joel Owens

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    12y

    @Ned Carey -for reaching out almost a year ago when I was getting "teased" on a local REIA forum, which started me on BP and local Meetups, and for always being available to answer questions. Followed by @J Scott and @Tyrus Shivers for also providing advice and being generous with their time . . . and to @Terry Royce for staying on my case and keeping me accountable, especially when it's hard to stay the course.

    Last shout out to @Jerry Puckett for doing my first YL campaign that I'm currently in and to the entire BP Nation. I know we were supposed to only mention one person per post (I think) but I can't help myself!

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    12y
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 88 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    @Brian Gibbons Thank you for all the wisdom and knowledge that you have shared with me and imparted in others. I look forward to reading your posts in all areas of REI. Keep 'em coming!

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    I don't post alot as I am still in the learning phase and only contribute where I am knowledgeable.

    One year ago I knew NOTHING about Rei and today I can honestly say BiggerPockets has played a significant role in my education.

    I want to thank everyone (too many names) who takes the time to put the relevant information out there for us newbies.

    Thank you all!!

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    12y

    Hard to remember all those involved, but @Jon Holdman, @ben from ohio, Mr. Blank, are some of my favorites off the top of my head.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    locally, @Rob K.

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    12y

    @Joel Owens as well

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    This is a great list folks! I'm just gonna @mention some of the folks that have been mentioned in this thread but the tagging feature didn't work. So if you see your name below, scan up to find yourself in this thread!

    @Dawn Anastasi @Dion DePaoli @Bill Gulley

    Keep 'em coming folks!

    (and if you got tagged... I totally expect you to leave a comment tagging someone else below!)

    Finally -if you are unsure how to @mention someone, click here)

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @George P.

    I like BP for entertainment purposes your correct I do not need BP per se for any kind of income.... I have plenty of contacts through out the country.

    And I am learning as well... never too old or experienced to learn and NO one is a total expert at RE..

    Plus I type 40 words a minute and there is spell check on here so all is good

    In full disclosure I have sold 3 of my OREO's on BP so in that manner it was worth paying for the subscription.. I like it better than sticking stuff on Craigs list.. this is much easier and more effective.

    And I have helped now 3 folks fund small deals ( 200k and under) that I met here on BP...

    And other than a few subdivisions that are 7 figure deals here in Oregon my average deal I do nationwide is under 100k... I don't want anyone thinking I am swinging multi million dollar deals each week because I am certainly not doing that.. Just a bunch of small one's with long time JV partners.. by long time I mean 7 to 15 years .. And guys that are obviously very very experienced. that said the few deals I have done with BP folks that I met here were first timers or close to first timers.. but they put in 20 t0 30 % of the deal in their own cash. I will not do 100% my money and your great idea.. I do those for my long term established JV partners but would not do that for anyone I met on line here.

  • Lender · Nat'l Commercial Mtg Lender - Round Rock, TX · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 235 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner taught me how to guest blog.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks for the thanks folks. Being retired means never having to say you're sorry for getting involved in some deal somewhere I'm not familiar with. I don't know what I don't know and I know enough to know I need to know.

    I have to say @Ken Rishel has given some great information for MH operators and recent compliance matters, many probably benefit more than they realize as staying legal isn't really putting money in your pocket, but a penny saved is a penny earned and his advice could easily save others tens of thousands of dollars, maybe more. :)

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    SO many folks! It gets hard to remember what you picked up from who.

    But of course, first shout out should be to @Joshua D. , for having the vision to create this community

  • Real Estate Consultant · Eugene, OR · Member since 2013 · 178 posts · 39 votes
    12y

    @Michael Quarles has helped me tremendously with understanding and implementing a direct mail strategy.

  • Wholesaler · Gonzales, LA · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed

    taught me build a base. if you don't you will fail.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    This is a great thread!

    @Joshua D. - thank you!

    @Brandon Turner - I love you!

    @Serge S. - I can't quite define how I feel about you, but I had to mention..:)

    @Bill Gulley - I've gained so much insight from you and resect for you...

    But the prize goes to...@Brian Burke - thank you indeed Brian!

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks Ben,

    A big thanks I'd say needs to go out to @Jerry W. @Account Closed

    and @Adrian, (who I can't pull up,) our member attorneys that toss in a dollars worth to most of out 2 cents worth have been great contributions. While they don't give legal advice here on line, they have solid opinions they share that can be relied on in conceptual matters. :)

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Rich Weese had been an inspiration and role model. He is straight forward and to the point
  • Real Estate Investor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2012 · 299 posts · 104 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Tony Osborne:
    @Account Closed

    taught me build a base. if you don't you will fail.

    Thanks Tony, Great profile pic.

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I also really appreciate @Jerry W.! In addition to his generosity with his knowledge he's also been enthusiastically supportive of my personal endeavors.

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    And that reminds me to thank @Account Closed

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.