WHO has helped you on BiggerPockets?

WHO has helped you on BiggerPockets?

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Name something you've learned from someone on BiggerPockets (podcast, forums, blog, whatever) and tag the person from whom you learned it. Name as many people as you want, but please limit your posts to one-person-per-post.

1Reply
431 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

This is a great thread!

@Joshua D. - thank you!

@Brandon Turner - I love you!

@Serge S. - I can't quite define how I feel about you, but I had to mention..:)

@Bill Gulley - I've gained so much insight from you and resect for you...

But the prize goes to...@Brian Burke - thank you indeed Brian!

See this reply in the discussion

226 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    I'll go ahead and say @J Scott taught me about the fixed-cost method of evaluating a real estate deal. I love this method!

  • Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 321 votes
    12y

    @J Scott - 25 major Renovation Components as I am trying to step out my boundary & learn to do my first flip project this year.

  • Seth WilliamsPro Member
    Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 583 posts · 353 votes
    12y

    I have to say, @Braden C. was extremely helpful to me this past year. Whenever I had questions for him about his wholesaling business and how he ran things - he was very responsive and gave me a lot of good strategies and insights to think about. Thanks Braden!

  • Real Estate Investor · Sebastian, FL · Member since 2014 · 812 posts · 432 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner I don' t have time to post about all of the great things I have learned here, between podcasts and posts. But this is definitely a great place, full of knowledgeable people willing to help others. And yes, even a guy named Brandon Turner has given lots of helpful hints,

  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:
    I'll go ahead and say @J Scott taught me about the fixed-cost method of evaluating a real estate deal. I love this method!

    That and about a hundred other things about the flipping business! Thanks @J Scott

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner taught me how to guest blog!

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    @Travis Sperr did a great job teaching me how to calculate hard money loans. He continued his disclaim of this is how I do it others might be different. but since I talk to him I have talked to others in my area who work the same way as he explained and this has helped me keep a conversation.

    Thanks!

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Bill Exeter has given out loads of useful info on 1031 exchanges, which helped me tremendously.

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    @Manny Cirino clued me in and shared the contracts and forms needed for wholesaling. Thanks to him I got a better understanding of what was involved in the transaction and also what I should expect from a good title company. Thanks Manny!

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 348 posts · 128 votes
    12y

    I'll go ahead and jump on the @J Scott bandwagon for countless reasons. His contributions to BP and his own website were unbelievably helpful to my education. Thanks J!

  • Real Estate Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    @Brian Gibbons has answer so many of my Questions, He is a true professional, Brian thank you so much.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    BP Nation great website with a lot of great info and people. can't believe I had never heard of it until 3 months ago..

  • Real Estate Investor · Duluth, GA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Manny Cirino gave me detailed information on wholesale transactions from how to get the deal to the closing process. Thanks to him I feel confident to get my feet wet in wholesaling.

  • Real Estate Investor · Duluth, GA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Rick Baggenstoss is my mentor for flipping houses. He has physically showed me the process. I am glad to be working with him, and getting ahead because of him.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Bill Gulley & @Dionne DePaoli have helped me wrap my head around {at least partially} the {slightly} foreign lending practices and regulations in the U.S.A.

    @Dawn Anastasi has been of extraordinary assistance in my continuing education on Milwaukee real estate.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @J Scott I got here via J's blog 123flip. The pictures, the budget summaries and the free downloads have all been very, very helpful. Also, I appreciate hearing J's view on agent issues.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Dion DePaoli Love hearing things from a lender's perspective.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Wayne Brooks Thank you Wayne for always answering my questions about FL, short sales, agency and foreclosure!

  • Investor · Los Angeles , CA · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed Thank you for being so generous and sharing a wealth of knowledge on BP. I have learned a great deal about title defects, tax liens, marketing, and more from you thanks for answering all my questions.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2013 · 877 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner This website with a wealth of knowledge.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2013 · 877 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    I have listened to 35 podcast as of today. So each of those guest on @Brandon Turner and @Joshua D. BP have provided a gold nugget of information. I am not lazy but I did not want to look up all 35 guest to the podcast. I am not one of the typist that can type 60 wpm.

  • Investor · Jessup, MD · Member since 2013 · 437 posts · 180 votes
    12y

    @J Scott has taught be about many aspects of rehabbing. @Ned Carey

    has shared valuable information on Baltimore and its areas. He also taught be the basics of tax lien investing while driving around the city. @Bill Gulley has taught me so much through all of his posts. He says that education and is the foundation and he is right. I am completing the MD pre-licensing course to become an agent, and Bill was right. If people just took this course half of their questions would be answered as most questions are basic RE principles. Learn the basics whether or not you want to be an agent.

  • Real Estate Investor · Hampton, VA · Member since 2012 · 562 posts · 109 votes
    12y

    Since I kind of just jumped into investing/rehabbing/managing without any formulas , I would say just reading the post have helped me tighten up my lease/rental documents and the responses from the seasoned landlords like @Bill Gulley

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 289 posts · 74 votes
    12y
    My kudos goes out to the entire BP nation who has educated me on RE beyond belief. From Listening to the podcasts or reading the blogs. Special thanks goes out to Mike Coleman, Jimmy Watson, and J Scott. Keep it coming.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.