Matthew Wiltse
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Best Ways to Invest in RE When Living in NYC

Matthew Wiltse
  • New York, NY
Posted Aug 17 2017, 16:23

Hi BP community!

I am a 24 year old living and working in NYC. This past winter (Feb 2017) I got the Real Estate bug by stumbling upon Clayton Morris's podcast. I listened to episodes 1-100 in a matter of months. I read Gay Keller's Millionaire Real Estate Investor, Getting the Money by Susan Lassiter Lions, and I am now starting the famed Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I was living in Philadelphia earlier this year so I went to 3 REIA meetings in that area and met with an investor with 50+ properties in Indiana (now living in Philadelphia). I've become a member of BiggerPockets and also listen to all of the podcasts on BP. I'm trying to immerse myself into the RE investing world and learn as much as I can.

Because of work, I had to relocate to NYC. I do not want this move to deter my RE investing goals. I primarily want to focus on rental properties and have done most of my research on SFH in B/C neighborhoods, but I am aware of the advantages of a duplex and multiplex investing. I know it's important to continue building my knowledge base (and my capital) but I am getting anxious and fearful that I won't make as much progress in New York.

I would love to hear from those currently living in NYC on where/how they invest. If anyone is available to grab coffee and discuss in further detail I would be very appreciative.

Looking forward to hearing some of the responses.

Thanks all!
Matt

Loading replies...