Why hasn't R.E. gotten me a wife?

Why hasn't R.E. gotten me a wife?

Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes

I've made it to financial freedom with real estate and still I can't find a women that's interesting.  I mean, yes I talk about real estate all day, but that should  be very interesting.  Where have I gone wrong?  I work out a lot as well.  Biceps for days.  I guess I need more units.  Anyone else find him or herself in my situation?  If so, let's trade notes and figure this out IMO...

37Reply
568 views

Most Popular Reply

Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
8y

@Frankie Woods

You're in luck. McRib Seminars International has one just for this conundrum. We call it "Adam's Rib." Whereas our other seminars focus on maximizing your understanding of real estate, Adam's Rib focuses on maximizing your understanding what woman really want, and showcasing your real estate bona fides in such a way that women will flock to you. Gorilla biceps aren't going to do it. Nice clothes? We wish it was that simple. No, you need education, smart, targeted, and up-to-date for the 21st century.

You'll learn step-by-step seduction techniques like the Subject To kiss close, the unrefusable checkbook flash, how to buy her a house for ca$h, templates for writing red-hot yellow letters, and compelling scripts to follow on the phone when speaking to motivated prospects. Everyone knows that real estate is all about relationships, after all. Why can't you leverage your hard-earned education and financial freedom to bring you high level success in other walks of life?

For those of you who march to the beat of a different drummer, we offer the related seminar programs "Steve's Rib" and there's also limited availability for "Rosie's Rib." Hope to see you soon! Respond now and get 60% of the first two Learning Modules, with your first closing guaranteed in 30 days or less!

See this reply in the discussion

145 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · PA · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    I love all of the comments on here about giving your wife 1/2 of your RE. Pfft I had to pay my ex $130k and we made the same amount. And I’m struggling to get my current husband interested in RE. 

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    This chain is hilarious! Haha

  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 622 votes
    8y
    Haha that’s funny. She’s out there - keep at it - just like you did your re investing. Gotta work it and it’ll pay off.
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 769 votes
    8y

    I think it's all in how you sell it. Right now I'm very transparent when people ask me what I do. I don't have a real job and I don't technically live anywhere. Not the most impressive introduction to mom and dad. 

    But being a real estate investor who travels constantly has a better ring to it :) 

  • Specialist · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Warren Buffet once said:

    Rule #1 - Don't lose money.

    Rule #2 - See Rule #1.

    Based on this, getting married is a 'no go'? ;)

  • Specialist · South Bay, CA · Member since 2015 · 132 posts · 34 votes
    8y

    Oh because it is for acquiring Real Estate not relationships lol.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    8y

    Oh the responses to this one should be good.  I'm off to get a refill on the coffee before I read through these.

    But I will say this, in all honesty, no jest.  Stop looking for her; you won't find her.  Or worse, you'll find the wrong one and convince yourself she is the right one (that gets expensive).

    You just be happy being you, and stop looking -- and here's what will happen:  She'll find you.

    Not sure why, that is way above my pay-grade around here, but I swear on it, brother.  

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Lewis:

    I think the key is finding the ugliest one in the nicest neighborhood!

    Oh this is good.  First vote goes to this guy.

    All this entertainment for free!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Conover, OH · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 48 votes
    8y
    Charlie Munger, Warren Buffets partner, says there are 3 L’s that can lead to going broke... Leverage Liquor Ladies
  • Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
    8y

    Marriage is a strategy.

    There's the business school joke about the advertising executive who got married and traded reach for frequency. Since statistically half of all marriages end in divorce (the other half end in death), the advertising executive who got divorced traded frequency for reach.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 241 posts · 135 votes
    8y

    @Frankie Woods

    Maybe when Josh changes the name of the site from " Biggerpockets.com" to "Tinderpockets.com" you'll have better luck here buddy.

    Redgy

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mark Sewell:
    Originally posted by @John Lewis:

    I think the key is finding the ugliest one in the nicest neighborhood!

    Oh this is good.  First vote goes to this guy.

    All this entertainment for free!!!

     Haha!  That is one of my favorites for sure!  

  • Roanoke, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Frankie Woods

    So maybe you've thought of what kind of woman you're looking for. But have you given any thought to what kind of man that woman is looking for? If this is a joke, I enjoyed reading all the posts. Some were great advice like @Jay Hinrichs  post. If you're serious, read the following articles. Really read them, and take the time to UNDERSTAND them.  It's just common sense, but sometimes you just need to read it.

    http://www.littlethingsmatter.com/blog/2010/02/17/...

    https://sajigroup.com/law-of-magnetism/

    I'll leave you with these words from John Maxwell (I believe): What determines if you attract people with your desired qualities is not what you want, it is who you are, that is how the Law of Magnetism works.

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Will Green:

    @Frankie Woods

    So maybe you've thought of what kind of woman you're looking for. But have you given any thought to what kind of man that woman is looking for? If this is a joke, I enjoyed reading all the posts. Some were great advice like @Jay Hinrichs  post. If you're serious, read the following articles. Really read them, and take the time to UNDERSTAND them.  It's just common sense, but sometimes you just need to read it.

    http://www.littlethingsmatter.com/blog/2010/02/17/...

    https://sajigroup.com/law-of-magnetism/

    I'll leave you with these words from John Maxwell (I believe): What determines if you attract people with your desired qualities is not what you want, it is who you are, that is how the Law of Magnetism works.

    "When I was single and ready to find my wife and be married, I made a long list of the qualities of the perfect woman (for me). I filled up more than 40 pages..." 

    ^Don't ever go full Darren Hardy...

  • Rental Property Investor · Chandler AZ and Sylvania, OH · Member since 2009 · 708 posts · 561 votes
    8y

    One tactic you can deploy is to have Open Houses at your own house and ask girls if they like the house and if they would like to live there.  The ones that say yes, follow up by asking if they would like to live there with you.  

    It's a numbers game!!!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    Hahaha!  Keep going to those meetups! RE got me a husband who is now also our family's property manager, GC, and chief household investor! I lucked out with @Matthew Parisi :)  Found him in my open house 3 years ago. <3 

  • Roanoke, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Victor S.

    I agree, everything with moderation. But given his post... 

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    Another reason to get your real estate license like minded driven women..  that's where you want to go hunting.

     I've actually found this to be very true...

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Real estate hasn't gotten me a husband or boyfriend either.

  • Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Stone Jin:

    One tactic you can deploy is to have Open Houses at your own house and ask girls if they like the house and if they would like to live there.  The ones that say yes, follow up by asking if they would like to live there with you.  

    It's a numbers game!!!!

    Someone on my street did that when I lived in California. She bought a house in San Jose and rented it to a couple of guys while she lived in San Francisco for her career. A couple of years later, she moved back to her home in San Jose, evicted one of her tenants and married the other tenant.

  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Allan Szlafrok:

    A wife could cost you half your R.E.

     A good spouse will support you while you grow your portfolio.

  • Rental Property Investor · Closter, NJ · Member since 2015 · 884 posts · 722 votes
    8y

    @Frankie Woods You are a smart, handsome guy.  Don't get married. If you get married, when the marriage doesn't work out, the wife will divorce you and take all your investment properties.  Be smart - stay single, or at least make sure you get a pre-nup!  :-)

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Gayden:
    Originally posted by @Allan Szlafrok:

    A wife could cost you half your R.E.

     A good spouse will support you while you grow your portfolio.

    yup just looked at my wifes sales year to date and she is at 9.9 million so far for 2018.. now granted much of that is property we own but still great production from the team.   And it keeps her in cloths. 

  • Investor · Fairport, NY · Member since 2015 · 124 posts · 74 votes
    8y

    @Frankie Woods have you tried a  direct mail campaign?

  • Brookfield, WI · Member since 2016 · 191 posts · 108 votes
    8y

    Don't sweat it.  Having a wife is why I still only have a single rental! She's still not on board with an expanding portfolio plan (a year in to the lobbying effort).  She's getting there, just not quite....:)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.