Does a holding company need to have Foreign Qualification ?

Does a holding company need to have Foreign Qualification ?

Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 3 votes

Does a LLC that acts as a holding company needs to have Foreign Qualification to be owner of LLC in different state?

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Depends on the state. I'm OR resident and I filed for a LLC to be running something in WA. WA has a filing called Foreign Corporation you need to fill out. Nothing major.

  • Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Steve Morris for sharing your experience!

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Sue Chen

    If I understand your question, I believe the answer is no.

    For example, let's say your holding company is in NY. You have a property in CT in a LLC. So your NY LLC is registered in NY only and is the member for the CT LLC. The CT is formed and this registered on CT.

    The point of forming the CT LLC is so you don't have to register your NY LLC as a foreign entity in CT.

    I hope that helps. Good luck.

  • Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @David M. Thanks for your response. That's what I've concluded as well after some research.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.