• Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Emergency funds needed

Emil Kostov
  • Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted May 28 2023, 18:40

Hey guys, some issues have arisen after closing, and we're looking for small funding to help complete the reno, please! Someone here suggested privatelendinglink.com as a reliable source, so we decided to try it. Due to sensitive information, We're willing to share the loan request we posted there upon request. Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 29 2023, 04:06

How is the lender going to make money? How much meat is on the bone? How are you going to make this appealing to the lender that you propose it to?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied May 29 2023, 05:32

@Emil Kostov

Not sure who gave you that site, but to me it’s not even a website

My recommendation is to post what it is your looking for and see if people will consider it

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Emil Kostov
  • Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied May 29 2023, 07:18
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Emil Kostov

Not sure who gave you that site, but to me it’s not even a website

My recommendation is to post what it is your looking for and see if people will consider it

Dustin Lauer reference here and couple more places in the forums.

User Stats

Votes
Tom S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Replied May 29 2023, 13:09

@Emil Kostov  Have you looked into unsecured loans like SoFi or Discover?  I used SoFi in the past and they offered me $50k at 12%, rate is slightly high but it is unsecured.  Approved in one business day and funds in my checking acct within 2 more business days.

No fees at all, no prepay.  Discover offered similar terms although only to 35k.

Hope that helps!

User Stats

Votes
Emil Kostov
  • Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied May 29 2023, 14:41
Quote from @Tom S.:

@Emil Kostov  Have you looked into unsecured loans like SoFi or Discover?  I used SoFi in the past and they offered me $50k at 12%, rate is slightly high but it is unsecured.  Approved in one business day and funds in my checking acct within 2 more business days.

No fees at all, no prepay.  Discover offered similar terms although only to 35k.

Hope that helps!

Tom, I can't go through the credit score approval criteria, at the moment. I'll be denied. It's a difficult case here.

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied Jun 3 2023, 12:25

Have you attended your local REIA? @Emil Kostov 

You might find a private lender there that can help you.  I prefer not having a loan go on my personal credit, so I start with people I know, or references I can get to people. 

Otherwise, talk to small community banks close to the property, and perhaps credit unions.  Call them with your FICO that you pulled yourself, and ask them, "With my score of ### what can you do with this situation?" Don't have them all pull your credit until you find something that works.