Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes

First Time Home Buyer - Chicago, IL (Realtor and Mortgage Broker/Lender References)

Posted May 28 2023, 20:28

Hello all, 

I'm a first-time home buyer looking to buy my first property in Chicago, IL and surrounding suburbs. Looking to house hack preferably a multi-family home or single family with a ADU unit. Any leads would be much appreciated for both a reliable and experienced realtor and mortgage broker or lender.

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied May 29 2023, 03:21

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed welcome to the BG community! You will find quite a few of us agents on here to network with. Which neighborhoods are you looking for? 

I would recommend that you connect with @Joshua Jones. He is a fantastic lender, and he helped me get to where I am today due to his knowledge and experience as both an investor and a lender. 

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mark Ainley
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Replied May 29 2023, 04:10

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed congrats on getting this far in the process to want to post.  What part of city or suburb are you interested in?  I think different Realtors have different areas of specialty.  @Christopher Puleo or @John Warren’s recommendation of @joshua jones are good options.  

GC Realty & Development LLC Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied May 29 2023, 04:41

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed Welcome to bigger pockets! I would reach out to @Jonathan Klemm. He's a broker, investor, his company does rehab on homes, and he's just generally knowledgeable about real estate in the Chicago area.

User Stats

Votes
Paul De Luca
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied May 29 2023, 05:15
Quote from @Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed:

Hello all, 

I'm a first-time home buyer looking to buy my first property in Chicago, IL and surrounding suburbs. Looking to house hack preferably a multi-family home or single family with a ADU unit. Any leads would be much appreciated for both a reliable and experienced realtor and mortgage broker or lender.

I can share some lender recommendations, just PM me.

• Real Estate Agent Illinois (#475.190985)

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Jones
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 29 2023, 06:00

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed welcome to BP. If you have any lending questions, let me know. A little background, 19 years in the business for lending and I own 9 rentals myself. I love building investors and watching their portfolio grow. Feel free to PM me to discuss more.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2023, 07:41
Quote from @Joshua Jones:

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed welcome to BP. If you have any lending questions, let me know. A little background, 19 years in the business for lending and I own 9 rentals myself. I love building investors and watching their portfolio grow. Feel free to PM me to discuss more.

Thanks. I sent you a PM. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2023, 07:42
Quote from @Paul De Luca:
Quote from @Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed:

Hello all, 

I can share some lender recommendations, just PM me.

Thanks. I sent you a PM. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2023, 07:44
Quote from @Doug Spence:

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed Welcome to bigger pockets! I would reach out to @Jonathan Klemm. He's a broker, investor, his company does rehab on homes, and he's just generally knowledgeable about real estate in the Chicago area.

Thanks Doug. I've reached out to Jonathan.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2023, 07:46
Quote from @John Warren:

@Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed welcome to the BG community! You will find quite a few of us agents on here to network with. Which neighborhoods are you looking for? 

I would recommend that you connect with @Joshua Jones. He is a fantastic lender, and he helped me get to where I am today due to his knowledge and experience as both an investor and a lender. 

Thanks John. I'm open to any good neighborhoods as long as property cash flows the best way it can. Flexible with even moving out to the North/Western suburbs too. I've reached out to @Joshua Jones

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied May 29 2023, 09:33

Appreciate the tag @Doug Spence!

Hey @Mohammed Zeeshan Sayeed - You've got some solid realtors already above in @Paul De Luca & @John Warren also, consider connecting with @Eudith Vacio.

Lender wise link up with @Andy Smith or @Zack Karp

Happy to talk through Chicago real estate and happy out any way I can.

User Stats

Votes
Hamp Lee III
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 30 2023, 13:07

Try the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) loan program.

NACA was formed in 1988 and provides an affordable option for potential first-time buyers:

✅ No down payment

✅ No closing costs or fees

✅ No mortgage insurance

✅ No consideration of credit score

✅ Below market fixed interest rate

There are several requirements to be eligible, starting with attending one of their workshops.

https://www.naca.com

I wish you all the best.