Jimmy Lieu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 4 2023, 07:22
Quote from @Michael Elkins:

Where can I get the lowest rates for a HELOC?

Hey Michael, I have an amazing plug for the best HELOC rate here in Columbus Ohio, I am happy to make an introduction. I have done quite a few brrrrs myself as well. As a local investor and agent here, let me know if you have any questions or any other referrals I can send your way, would be happy to do so

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 5 2023, 06:33
Quote from @Michael Elkins:

Where can I get the lowest rates for a HELOC?

I can send you a list of lenders here in Columbus, Ohio!
  • Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Muno
  • Lender
  • Denton, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Denton, TX
Replied Jun 5 2023, 08:13

Well I will say no particular lender will have a particular rate. Interest rates( and the type of finance you get) are based on risk-i.e your FICO, debt to income, number of late payments in 12-24 months etc. This changed by law by congress after the previous financial crash in the 2007,2008 time period.

That being said, the best way to find the best HELOC rates would be to go shop with multiple banks and let them present you with an offer.

Or better yet, call a mortgage broker and let them shop multiple banks/lenders and present you with the best HELOC options out of the many they can contact. Mortgage brokers are usually partnered up with 50+ banks/lenders, and are able to go around, shop with multiple lenders and present you with HELOC options.

I would recommend you start there.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Diossa
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Rhode island
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Rhode island
Replied Jun 5 2023, 08:20

Definitely local credit unions. That’s s a hidden gem

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 5 2023, 09:05
Quote from @Dennis Muno:

Well I will say no particular lender will have a particular rate. Interest rates( and the type of finance you get) are based on risk-i.e your FICO, debt to income, number of late payments in 12-24 months etc. This changed by law by congress after the previous financial crash in the 2007,2008 time period.

That being said, the best way to find the best HELOC rates would be to go shop with multiple banks and let them present you with an offer.

Or better yet, call a mortgage broker and let them shop multiple banks/lenders and present you with the best HELOC options out of the many they can contact. Mortgage brokers are usually partnered up with 50+ banks/lenders, and are able to go around, shop with multiple lenders and present you with HELOC options.

I would recommend you start there.

Can confirm, good things come to those who shop around and compare quotes.  Google Maps and phone calls are your best friends. 

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied Jun 5 2023, 09:25

Small community banks and credit unions, local to the property.  If you want fast, try Figure.