Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Frey
Pro Member
  • Northeast PA
Votes |
Down payment options (seller financing deal)

Daniel Frey
Pro Member
  • Northeast PA
Posted May 12 2023, 03:42

Can I use a DSCR loan for the down payment on my seller financing deal or what other loan options are out there for this particular situation? I've just secured a property and am short on cash for this current opportunity.

Thank you for your advice! I’m also looking for help with underwriting etc.. this would be my first seller finance deal. 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 12 2023, 04:15

No lender will lend on a down payment for an owner financed note. You are either going to have to partner with someone on the deal or find private money to put second lien on the property.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied May 12 2023, 11:44
Quote from @Daniel Frey:

Can I use a DSCR loan for the down payment on my seller financing deal or what other loan options are out there for this particular situation? I've just secured a property and am short on cash for this current opportunity.

Thank you for your advice! I’m also looking for help with underwriting etc.. this would be my first seller finance deal. 

Unfortunately No. DSCR loan is a loan type that is not used to provide down payment assistance. Buying any property today with all leverage is strongly discouraged.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied May 12 2023, 14:12
Quote from @Daniel Frey:

No lender will want to be in second position. Why not use OPM? 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks
Pro Member
#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied May 12 2023, 18:55

No, I don't think any DSCR lender will allow this as it puts them in second position. Your best bet is finding a partner who will bring the cash to the deal or finding a private money lender. If the deal allows you could also wholesale the deal to an end buyer.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Frey
Pro Member
  • Northeast PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Northeast PA
Replied May 13 2023, 04:14

Thank you all. I have a few people that may be willing to assist with the down payment. I’d prefer to wait till I save more cash but this deal is to hott to pass up. God knows the next time I’ll have a shot at a laundromat…. 

Thank you all for the help!