Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Huang
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Votes |
Commercial NNN lease contract , can anyone comment ?

Daniel Huang
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Posted

We just made offer for  a retail property and some clauses in the lease agreement that we couldn't understand. Can anyone comment on this?Anything will be really helpful?

Thanks in advance.

13 .Taxes : Does above mean Tenant will only reimburse landlord's tax up to $12,4800 in the first year . How does the per diem clause work?

Does landlord gets reimbursed full property tax amount for the rest of the terms?

12. Maintenance and repairs :  

It looks like Landlord will only be reimbursed up to $1,500 if any parking structure repair incurred by tenant .

Insurance : Does this mean Tenant will only reimburse landlord's insurance up to $2,500 in the first year . How does the per diem clause work?

User Stats

Votes
Rod Hanks
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied
Quote from @Daniel Huang:

We just made offer for  a retail property and some clauses in the lease agreement that we couldn't understand. Can anyone comment on this?Anything will be really helpful?

Thanks in advance.

13 .Taxes : Does above mean Tenant will only reimburse landlord's tax up to $12,4800 in the first year . How does the per diem clause work?

Does landlord gets reimbursed full property tax amount for the rest of the terms?

12. Maintenance and repairs :  

It looks like Landlord will only be reimbursed up to $1,500 if any parking structure repair incurred by tenant .

Insurance : Does this mean Tenant will only reimburse landlord's insurance up to $2,500 in the first year . How does the per diem clause work?

I’m not an attorney but I have signed a number NNN leases. They are capping the the taxes and insurance portion you are responsible for. If you were to default on the lease you are still responsible for the portion of taxes and insurance for the time that you were occupying the property. In my NNN leases there are no caps FYI.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Huang
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Votes |
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Replied

"You" as the tenant correct? We will be the landlord.

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Rod Hanks
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied

"You" as the tenant correct? We will be the landlord.

Correct “You” as the tenant. It’s a great clause for the tenant but not so much for the landlord.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Huang
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Votes |
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Replied

so if there's a change of ownership the new landlord will not be able to collect more than $12,480 property tax or $2,500 insurance? 

User Stats

Votes
Rod Hanks
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied

so if there's a change of ownership the new landlord will not be able to collect more than $12,480 property tax or $2,500 insurance? 

Yes that is correct because you assume the landlord lease. Unless you can get the tenant to sign a new lease with new ownership you are stuck with it until lease is up. But definitely talk to your commercial realtor or attorney for clarification.