Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes

HELOC line of credit

Posted Dec 6 2022, 10:22

My fiancé and I are looking for a Heloc line of credit. It must be in her name since she’s the one on the deed. Since we live in Massachusetts we are having a hard time to get some lenders to even understand what we’re trying to do. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

User Stats

Votes
Minna Reid
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jacksonville FL & Middletown CT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jacksonville FL & Middletown CT
Replied Dec 6 2022, 10:48

Are you perhaps not phrasing this properly? You have told lenders you are looking for a line of credit/ heloc/  second mortgage and they are confused?

I think we're missing some info from your request. 

Are you saying you want to be named on the HELOC? That wont be possible since its not your home. If you want a HELOC with both your names you will have to go on title.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 6 2022, 10:57
Quote from @Minna Reid:

Are you perhaps not phrasing this properly? You have told lenders you are looking for a line of credit/ heloc/  second mortgage and they are confused?

I think we're missing some info from your request. 

Are you saying you want to be named on the HELOC? That wont be possible since its not your home. If you want a HELOC with both your names you will have to go on title.

I definitely left things out. I don’t want to be on the loan. We want to take the line of credit out to pay off debt & invest in real estate. I will be using the first time home buyers for the investment. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kenny Larkin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jan 31 2023, 16:49

TD Bank is one of the only banks that will allow you take out a HELOC loan