• Investor
  • Buchanan, MI
Votes |
Looking for Investor for down payment on hotel deal

Derrick S.
  • Investor
  • Buchanan, MI
Posted Jan 14 2023, 18:43

Sponsoring a deal to buy a 65-80 room select service hotel. Partner and I each have 100k for the deal we need around another 400-600k for down payment money.  Not looking to spend more than 3-3.5 million for the deal. Thinking of giving investor 5%-8% of perpetual ownership to silent investor. Open to discuss other ideas. Presently I have managed hotels since 2005 and presently mange portfolio of 20+ branded hotels. Looking to break out on my own. Let me know if more questions etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Allan Smith
  • Developer
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jan 14 2023, 19:05

Investors come from your relationships and network. Play the long game and build those up.

what is your partner a money partner? If so, consider moving them to the Silent Partner side because they are bringing such a small portion of the cash.

since you are raising money for a security, make sure to file with the sec. An attorney can handle it for you and will usually cost around $10k, but it allows you to advertise the deal you are sponsoring and raising money for. You might even want to delete this post until you have that filed so there's nothing they can find online.