User Stats

Votes
Thomas Zidron
Votes |
Ready to Finally Dive in to REI in Richmond

Thomas Zidron
Posted Jan 27 2023, 16:27

Hey Richmond Investors -

I posted last summer but have been slacking on getting started/moving forward.   There's no time like the present!  My name is Tom Zidron and I have been a general contractor my whole life. I worked for a big national contractor Walsh construction and left my cushy W2 job to co-found Quality Builders a GC-Tech (general contracting technology) company in Chicago.  

However, I've been helping to run the company remotely while living in Richmond the last 1.5 years.  With that said I am personally looking to start investing here in Richmond and am looking for an investor friendly agent and lender. Any referrals would be much appreciated, as I know rockstars know rockstars!  

Additionally, our company will start to take on third party projects here in Richmond in the near future so please feel free to reach out if I can help with any construction or renovation questions!

User Stats

Votes
Chantal Thomas
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 28 2023, 16:18

Hey there Tom! 

Have you joined the local FB pages? There's a wealth of info for Chesterfield and Richmond meet ups. There's also the Richmond RING found on Meetup dot com that meets monthly. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 30 2023, 10:22

Love this @Thomas Zidron! Diving in head first into the Richmond, Virginia market. Excited to branch out of Chicago and get the party started.

Any other rockstar Richmond investors, agents, or lenders we should connect with?

@Chantal Thomas - Would you say there is more activity on FB than BP in Richmond?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sloop
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Jan 31 2023, 07:27

@Thomas Zidron

Congrats on making moves!

There are some Richmond folks on here for sure that Im sure would help out! 

@Dawn Roy

Im in Hampton Roads area if you ever need help there!

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Roy
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Midlothian, VA
Replied Jan 31 2023, 10:38

Thanks for the shoutout @Jacob Sloop.

Always here to help anyone looking to invest here in RVA.

Dawn

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Zidron
Votes |
Replied Feb 1 2023, 06:11
Quote from @Chantal Thomas:

Hey there Tom! 

Have you joined the local FB pages? There's a wealth of info for Chesterfield and Richmond meet ups. There's also the Richmond RING found on Meetup dot com that meets monthly. 

Thanks Chantal! I'll look into that now.  Is there any specific FB group that you recommend?

User Stats

Votes
Deborah B Herzog
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 1 2023, 08:38

Looking for contracting help.  

User Stats

Votes
Genevieve Mcgroarty
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Feb 1 2023, 10:14

Hi Tom - I am an investor and investor friendly agent in Richmond. Would love to discuss what you're looking to do in RVA. I have a great team of trades/lenders/attorneys and would love to discuss what kind of projects you'd consider working on as well from the contractor side. Feel free to message or email me, would love to connect! 

User Stats

Votes
Chantal Thomas
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 3 2023, 18:18

@Thomas Zidron 

There's a RING meetup this upcoming Wednesday in Midlothian. You can RSVP in the Meetup group.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Zidron
Votes |
Replied Mar 4 2023, 08:58
Quote from @Chantal Thomas:

@Thomas Zidron 

There's a RING meetup this upcoming Wednesday in Midlothian. You can RSVP in the Meetup group.

Hey Chantal, thank you very much for the heads up!  Just RSVPed.