Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Casaretto
  • Parker, CO
Votes |
Investors or Buyers interested in the Rio Grande Valley area

Melissa Casaretto
  • Parker, CO
Posted Jan 29 2023, 08:00

Hello!  Long time listener, first time poster.  I'm trying to help my in-laws find interested investors or buyers in the Rio Grande Valley area (South Texas) that might be interested in purchasing their 11-acre property.  They have a home on 2 acres with more acreage behind them plus a separate shop building.  They have listed it several times with local Realtors but struggle to find interested buyers.  I should also mention they have a price in mind and from the numbers I've run (I'm very green and still learning how to properly run numbers) I think they may need to reconsider how much they should sell for. If there are any interested investors, please message me.  Thank you!  

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Ryan
  • Mcallen, TX
Votes |
  • Mcallen, TX
Replied Jan 31 2023, 05:22

Hello @Melissa Casaretto. MLS usually gets the highest price for a property and if they haven't been able to sell, then the price is too high. Investors want a deal. Your in-laws need to factor holding costs into their price. How soon do they want to sell? Are they motivated? If they are not motivated then yes they may be set on a price. Maybe offer owner financing or other incentives.

User Stats

Votes
Martin Herrera Jr
  • Wholesaler
  • Weslaco TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Weslaco TX
Replied Feb 6 2023, 09:17

Hey Melissa, I got several investors here in the valley. Can you send me more details of the property so I can run some numbers and see if they can help your in laws. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!