Beste Park
Pro Member
Votes |
Looking for an Experienced RE CPA

Beste Park
Pro Member
Posted Oct 25 2023, 07:02

Hello everyone,

I'm in search of an experienced real estate CPA who can assist me with tax matters. I've reached out to some well-known names, but they aren't accepting new clients for the 2023 returns. If you have any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. It's important for me to work with someone who has experience working with individuals with Real Estate Professional Status. Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Oct 25 2023, 08:02

Interesting - Did you reach out to the CPA's prior to October 16th? If you did, it may be possible that those accountants were focusing on their current client base getting over the 2022 Extended tax filing season.

There is a lot more room to play with on your tax return if you can claim real estate professional status. You may want to have a conversation with a CPA prior to the end of the year if you should purchase a house / join a syndication to potentially lower your tax burden.

Best of luck.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#3 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#3 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jan 15 2024, 15:46

Hey Beste, 

We are currently accepting clients for the 2023 season. We specialize in working with folks who invest in real estate, as we do it ourselves all over the country. We are very familiar with REPS and do this for plenty of clients! 
We do tax preparation and advisory. Checkout taxwisecorp.com and if were a fit reach out to us on the contact page! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nate Meeker
Tax & Financial Services
  • Real Estate CPA | California
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Real Estate CPA | California
Replied Jan 16 2024, 07:06

@Beste Park I would definitely check out the CPAs commenting on this forum as we all have experience in real estate investing. Also, I would broaden your search out-of-state even. The location of your CPA is not as crucial as their experience in real estate. Do you solely have properties in New Jersey?

User Stats

Votes
Ahad Ali
Pro Member
  • CPA/Investor
  • Bronx, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • CPA/Investor
  • Bronx, NY
Replied Jan 16 2024, 08:09
Quote from @Beste Park:

Hello everyone,

I'm in search of an experienced real estate CPA who can assist me with tax matters. I've reached out to some well-known names, but they aren't accepting new clients for the 2023 returns. If you have any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. It's important for me to work with someone who has experience working with individuals with Real Estate Professional Status. Thanks.

Hi Beste, 

There are a lot of great CPAs on BiggerPockets that can help you.You may want to speak to some to see if they are good fit. One thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of great accountants that provide service to clients in all 50 states and are not local to you. For example my team at Ahad&Co have experience in working with individuals in Real Estate. We are located in New York but take clients throughout all 50 states. We are currently accepting clients for this tax season. We would love to connect with you!