Erika Olson
Pro Member
Votes |
In search of a mentor

Erika Olson
Pro Member
Posted Jan 26 2024, 09:39

Hello,

My name is Erika, and my husband is David. We're searching for a mentor in the Tulsa area to guide us on our real estate journey.

We recently purchased a duplex in our home state and are in the process of acquiring a property previously used as an Airbnb, which we plan to continue. We plan on getting more involved in short-term rental investments.

While my husband works full time, I am a stay-at-home mom actively pursuing my real estate license.

We are eager to expand our real estate investment portfolio, we're determined to learn the ropes and become successful investors. If you can assist us or know someone who can, please send us a DM.

Thank you all so much!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2024, 10:31

What kind of guidance are you looking for? do you have a budget in mind for this mentor? You can make more money doing wholesale real estate than as a realtor... I can buy and sell properties in 144 counties in 30 states in the United States without a realtor license as a wholesaler :) 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2024, 10:33

You can go to http://freewholesalecourse.com to learn about wholesale real estate and investing. 

The course is free :) 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2024, 13:56

I work for an accounting firm in the Tulsa area & we have several real estate investors for clients. What areas are you looking for guidance in? Getting connected with wholesaler, contractors, property management, etc? Based on that, I can recommend someone.

User Stats

Votes
Erika Olson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 26 2024, 14:29
Quote from @Dawn M White:

I work for an accounting firm in the Tulsa area & we have several real estate investors for clients. What areas are you looking for guidance in? Getting connected with wholesaler, contractors, property management, etc? Based on that, I can recommend someone.

Hi Dawn, 

We want to invest in more of short term and midterm rentals. We would like to get guidance on how to be successful and make smart purchases that will bring a good cash flow.

Thank you! 

User Stats

Votes
Erika Olson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 26 2024, 14:33
Quote from @Kenneth Germann:

What kind of guidance are you looking for? do you have a budget in mind for this mentor? You can make more money doing wholesale real estate than as a realtor... I can buy and sell properties in 144 counties in 30 states in the United States without a realtor license as a wholesaler :) 

Hi Kenneth, 

Since we’re just getting started we need a mentor to guide us in making smart purchases. Learning about short term and mid term rentals. We haven’t talked much about wholesaling for now but that could be something in the future. 

Thank you! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2024, 14:45
Quote from @Erika Olson:

Hi Kenneth, 

Since we’re just getting started we need a mentor to guide us in making smart purchases. Learning about short term and mid term rentals. We haven’t talked much about wholesaling for now but that could be something in the future. 

Thank you! 

I would make friends with a good realtor in your area. This would be the cheapest option. A lot of "mentors" don't actually invest. They make all their money off of mentoring and not actually doing the real work :)

User Stats

Votes
Erika Olson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 26 2024, 14:50
Quote from @Erika Olson:

Hi Kenneth, 

Thank you! 

I would make friends with a good realtor in your area. This would be the cheapest option. A lot of "mentors" don't actually invest. They make all their money off of mentoring and not actually doing the real work :)

Thank you for the help :) 

User Stats

Votes
Tom O'Stasik
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Jan 29 2024, 09:22

Hi Erika, 

I'm an investor/agent in Tulsa. I work with investors of all kinds to help them build out their portfolios in the Tulsa market. A lot of those times it's working with and mentoring newbie investors. I'd be happy to setup a call with you if you'd like to discuss.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Filali
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Replied Jan 31 2024, 04:09

My site has lots of FREE help for any market.  But I’m from the Tulsa area also. 

User Stats

Votes
Erika Olson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 6 2024, 08:23
Quote from @Tom O'Stasik:

Hi Erika, 

I'm an investor/agent in Tulsa. I work with investors of all kinds to help them build out their portfolios in the Tulsa market. A lot of those times it's working with and mentoring newbie investors. I'd be happy to setup a call with you if you'd like to discuss.

I'd like to setup a call with you Tom. Thank you so much! 

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks
Pro Member
#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied Feb 6 2024, 15:52

Hi Erika! My name is Jamie and I work with investors who are looking to turn their properties into STRs/MTRs as well as newer investors who are looking for help moving forward with an investment property. I offer consulting, here’s the link if you’d like to learn more https://calendly.com/radiaterealestate/consulting

User Stats

Votes
David Avery
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Phoenix Arizona
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Phoenix Arizona
Replied Mar 22 2024, 10:33

A good Mentor should have.

1- Years of Construction experience. 

2- Years of Real Estate experience.

3- Listening and answering questions and concerns. 

PEASE  don't fall for the 25 year old , that took classes on the above. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.