Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Chris Pacheco
Votes |
Private finance for unicorn short term rental?

Chris Pacheco
Posted Feb 21 2024, 00:34

What are the best ways to secure $70k - $90K to add a new well documented high ROI Short term rental?

Owner has two units with financial history in the same building. ROI over three years is 150%

Any recomendations of lenders would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for

User Stats

Votes
Ko Kashiwagi
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Feb 21 2024, 02:59

Hi Chris,

What kind of financing are you looking for - short term bridge loan or a rental loan?

Happy to discuss.

User Stats

Votes
Greg Kasmer
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia
Replied Feb 21 2024, 09:01

Ko - I'd be interested in a rental loan for a STR as well. Know any good lenders?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Bill Brandt#3 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Feb 21 2024, 09:18

You should add your location to your profile and the property location to your post. That way local experts can weigh in. You’ll also want to research the building and see if it’s disqualified from traditional financing. (Too many rentals.)

After that I'd look for any equity in properties I already owned for a HELOC and I'd reach out to other owners in the building and see who they used for financing. Ask the seller if they'd carry the balance at least short term, say 5 years? Worst case use all the cash flow to pay it off in that time. Good luck.